Back on Metformin and sick!

RigbyMom
on 2/15/12 6:26 am - AL
I have recently started taking Metformin again for my PCOS.  My husband and I want to start trying to conceive again in May, so my doctor told me to go ahead and get back on it.  I started with the 500mg one time a day for a week.  Mild diarreha, but that went away.  The second week I started taking 500 mg 2 times a day.  That is when everything went crazy!
I am SOO sick when I try to take two.  Headache, fatigue, nausea and vomiting, and just overall sick feeling.  It is like my blood sugar is dropping too low. 
I never had these happen before surgery.  Anyone else have these problems after WLS?

NYmama
on 2/16/12 5:25 am - Harvest, AL
 I have not had surgery as of yet, but when I went back on the Met, after a a year or so off, I take my pills at night. So, for the most part, any issues I might have, I sleep through. Yes I have diaherea first thing in the morning, but other than that, it is much better to tolerate the met. I am taking 1000mg.

RigbyMom
on 2/16/12 8:39 am - AL
So you just take both of your pills at the same time? 
NYmama
on 2/16/12 8:52 am - Harvest, AL
 Yes, that is what I do and was encouraged to do.

sherry R.
on 4/8/12 9:54 am
 ok have not tried metformin after wls, wound up getting prego after wls when i forgot to renew my bcp.  anywhoo. i was considering taking met. and spirionolatone for the hirituism.. how about take one 500 at breakfast and then take the other at dinner. or right before dinner... see what happens then after a week, it may be too much to fast too soon.. or take one whole one at breakfast a half at lunch and a half at dinner.. 
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views