What were some signs that you had PCOS?

chernandez11
on 2/22/12 3:33 pm - CA
VSG on 04/19/12
Hey everyone. I just had my consult a few weeks ago with my doctor (required by insurance...he orders tests to be done, asks questions etc) ...he looked at my stomach, commented on my stretch marks and told me that he needs to test em for PCOS and other things and said I will probably have difficulty getting pregnant....weird huh? As far as he knew, there was no reason to assume such things but...

....I didn't tell him that I have been bleeding nonstop since December 22nd. It worrys me ...but I keep thinking its due to weight gain over the last year. I went from 245-325 in about 1.5 years. Went from 270-325 in about 8 months. It sucks...but I'm the type not to go to the doctor for things i can live with (I know it's bad...just a phobia, I suppose)

Well anyways, I have the blood test tomorrow to find out, but I was just curious if something like this was a sign?

Thanks guys.

Brandy M.
on 4/20/12 1:23 pm - Land O Lakes, FL
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17.  It was only discovered after I would go several months without a period then would bleed for extended amounts of time once I got it.  The tipping point for me was when it had been 9 months without a period then once I got it, I had it for 21 days.  I went to a reproductive endocrinologist and that is when it was discovered.  Since then, I have been on the pill and 500 mg of metformin twice a day for maintenance of it.  I really don't have any symptoms beyond that, though.  It really manifests itself differently for everyone.
rokrockinrobin
on 8/21/12 8:10 pm
I just recently was told I have pcos. I am 54 when i was in my 20"s when apparently this all started I gained 50lbs in 3 months started getting facial hair, High Blood pressure was going to a fertility doctor on clomid he told me i was to fat to get pregnant. When I finally had a period that lasted a whole year at age 33 they did a hysterectomy on me, said because i had cysts. never was I tested for pcos. I was tested for thyroid but it came back ok so he thought i was just eating to much. I developed alot of other symptoms and my weight skyrocketed where i'm 180lbs overweight.. 2 yrs ago I started going to a Natupathic doctor. she found i had pcos. I'm being treated with metformin 1500mg a day and spirlactone and progetrone. I was suppose to have gastric bypass surgery last year but my insurance back out at the final approval. I lost my appeal. I since have been unable to work and I am on Social Security, I get my medicare in October I'm hoping they will pay for me to have surgery. I have heard they do if you meet certain criteria. I would like to be able to walk again and have a life again.  so if you think you have pcos make them run the blood tests don't take no for an answer. I never got to have my own baby, i wonder if they would have tested for this back then if I would have been able to. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views