So discouraged

jonesylaine
on 6/24/12 1:15 am - ID
I'm so discouraged right now.  Had VSG May 8, lost 20 lbs in the first 3-4 weeks, then stalled since.  I've had 3 periods in those 6 weeks, even though I had novasure to remove endometrial lining in January.  Saw the NUT last week and she told me that my weight loss was too low (of course, it was lovely to hear this after she told me how she'd never been able to gain weight til she was 40 which means she totally doesn't understand where I'm coming from.)

I was so encouraged and excited by the weight loss in the first month.  I know that I did a TON of exercising right after surgery, walking around shopping with my mom.  I'm not exercising 60min/day 6x/week like my NUT wants, but I'm a single mom of 3 working full time and doing what I can - which is walking during lunch at work and doing the elliptical at home. 

I started taking metformin this last week in the hopes of jump-starting something but it's giving me headaches and a hypoglycemic feelings.  Need to find my glucometer to check blood sugar when I feel that way. 

So I've increased activity, increased water, and no weight loss.  Any suggestions or has anyone else gone through this? 

Started at 250, 37.2 BMI
Now at 230, 34.1 BMI -- lost 1" bicep. 1.5" chest, 3" hip, 4" thigh, 1" calf

PoohHag
on 7/13/12 4:04 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 I'm right there with you.  I had my surgery about 5 weeks ago, and I've lost 20 pounds.  I feel like I should be losing so much faster.  I've had 2 periods since surgery and I'm on the pill!

I came off metformin when I had the surgery.  My surgeon felt I wouldn't need it anymore, but I'm starting to wonder if I really do after all.  I really don't want to go back on it (been on it 10 years), but I don't want to a weight loss failure either.

The only suggestion I can make is to keep your carbs as low as possible, since we're extra sensitive to them.  I'm trying to do that now.
NewtoYou
on 7/15/12 12:23 am
VSG on 09/10/12
Any updates?   Are you losing again?    

I have read there is the 3 week stall, is that where you were? 

Asking for completely selfish reasons!   I am having my VSG in 4 weeks, and I have PCOS too.  I want to be sure this risky surgery isn't for naught!
jonesylaine
on 7/24/12 12:40 am - ID
My stall was at about 3-1/2 weeks and lasted about 3-1/2 weeks.  I've started losing again but it is very slow.  Of course, this is still lower than I've been in forever, so I'm happy about that... I'm dreading seeing my doctor in 2 weeks tho, because I'm sure that I'm going to get told how awful I'm doing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views