Hi, I'm Jenny.. :)

Jennifer M.
on 8/21/12 2:26 pm - Fairbury, IL
RNY on 09/08/14

Hello, My name is Jennifer, I'm 21 years old, I am new to OH and I am a PCOS Cyster. I was DX in 2006 at the age of 15. I am 4'11" and weigh 275lbs. I am strongly hoping to get WLS in order to better myself, and my future of tying to get preggers. :) I would like to know some ladies, or girls who have had positive results from having WLS while having PCOS. Please send me a friend request too! :) 

~ Jenny

PCOS Cyster hoping to become a WLS Diva!

want2b
on 8/23/12 9:21 pm - Brownstown, IN
RNY on 03/06/12
 Hi Jennifer welcome to OH. It a great way to get lots of answers to ALL your questions. I am 32 with PCOS, was DX in 2006 as well. I had my surgery 3-6-2012 so i am 6 mo. post-op. I have had amazing results with my RNY. I have lost 101.5 pounds. Loosing the weight should lesson your syptoms, but will never cure it or make it go away. Youmay still need to use cloemide (fetility pill) to help you concieve later down the road. 
So to answer your question, yes you can have PCOS, you can have WLS, and you WILL loose weight with it. Sometimes I go through stages where I loose rapidly, then I will platue a week or so, then it will kick start again.
Good luck with everything!! Hope this helped!

lumina99
on 10/9/12 1:39 pm - ME
 Good for you Jennifer! I am new to OH too. I had a consultation with the sergeon last week and had one visit with the Dietician. This is the best choice for me.It will be a slow road, but I can`t wait to have my surgery! Once you make up your mind and go to the seminar & see the surgeon, you won`t be able to go fuul speed ahead! Now I think to myself, why did I wait so long! Best of luck to you, and keep in touch ;) Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views