PCOS + stalls

Sharshar_
on 1/26/15 8:53 pm, edited 1/26/15 8:55 pm - Hilton head island, SC

Hello, everyone. I'm almost 3 months post op and am wondering why I have been stalling so much during this process. I am not on metformin anymore because I was told by my surgeon's office that I wouldn't need metformin after surgery. I think they were thinking about diabetics, though because I think I could still benefit from metformin at this point to help with my stalling so much. The only thing I could think of is that I could be a little better with my water but I'm good on calories and protein. Any thoughts?

bellejar
on 1/26/15 11:52 pm

Hiya, I am right about 43 lbs lost post surgery 53 lost including the week of liquids prior to surgery. It can be hard, reading about others that lost that amount in the first 6 weeks! 

Height: 4'9" Surgery Date: 10/28/2014 Pre 2 Week Liquid Diet Weight: 301.5 Day Of Sugery Weight: 290 Current Weight: 242.5 (2/15/15)

1NJmommy
on 2/12/15 11:19 pm

I am wondering the same thing. I think I hit my first stall this week. I am 3 weeks post op, and am wondering if my cycle is due to start. My OB/GYN told me to stop the metformin when I told them I would be having surgery. And of course, my cycle started 3 days before my surgery. So, I know normally, the week before your cycle, you tend to hold on to fluid. I wonder if this is what's happening or if its something else. I actually go in to see the nutritionist for my 3 week consult today. I will be asking a few questions.

Sharshar_
on 2/13/15 3:11 am - Hilton head island, SC

Hello, I know that 3 weeks is a common time people hit their first stall so you're not alone. I was also menstruating right at surgery.. I know how you feel. I went to my GYN last week and he agreed that I should go back on metformin so I'm back at it! The only thing is that I'm at a lower dose due to my weight loss thus far. I'm on 500 mg 2X/week.

WereYorkie
on 4/7/15 6:39 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

My surgeon's office nurse made a comment to me that really hit home. There are 3 kinds of people in WLS. There are those who lose at a steady pace, like sliding down a slope. Then there are the "step" people... who plateau and then drop weight... plateau and then drop weight. And then there are those who barely lose anything... (but that's because they are already cheating, IMO)

It sounds like you are a "step" person, and that's perfectly fine, but I do agree with you on the Metformin. I'd go back and speak to him. My regular doctor plans on keeping me on it for a while after surgery because with all that weight that will come off it will also release stored hormones into my system. We will slowly cut bac****il I don't need it for my PCOS.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views