NEW-scared and needing support!

crysogo
on 10/29/15 1:04 pm

Thank you so much!!! Very informative and GOOD solid point there!~

I have decided to try ideal protein prior to surgery and give it my all- 7 weeks without carbs, sugar, diary and fruit- and I'm 20lbs lighter. So far so good- def not easy...although NONE of these things are... If the weight loss slows down or I fall back into old habits the surgery is my only other option. Living like this is not, and that is something I have come to terms with. My hubby although not going along with my journey completely has made some changes but most of all his support has been immense and very needed (I have cried over food!)

Anyways THANK YOU all for replying I appreciate the knowledge experience and support!

NYMom222
on 2/5/16 2:44 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

There really aren't any foods to miss... you can if you want take a bite of anything.... can you take 20 bites? No. The deprivation is misplaced. What you will gain is so much greater...

We were all overwhelmed at some point, the fact that you have been thinking about it for a long time is actually a good thing....this is a life change, not a rash decision.

Even if your husband is not interested in WLS is he interesting in supporting you? Then you have to answer the question, what does that look like? realizing you may not totally know the answer to that until you are on the journey. Like snacks not kept on the counter- hidden in the closet so they aren't a temptation. Or if there is something particularly tempting, he would only eat it out of the house. Being willing to eat healthy meals you prepare... You also have to be willing not to make his life miserable by policing what he is doing... Everybody has their own journey.

Websites: World According to Eggface

Bariatric Foodie

Weight loss surgery foundation of America

Bariatric eating.com

Most of these have FaceBook pages as well...

There is a lot of info on this website too if you search the menu....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Madrina
on 3/3/16 6:07 pm
VSG on 12/23/15
  1.  Yes. I'm Mexican so miss flour tortillas and beef but have been able to make healthier versions of what I ate before. 
  2. I had the VGS because this was recommended by my endocrinologist and gynecologist for my PCOS. But I guess it will be based on the amount of weight you need to lose and medical conditions. 
  3. Healing was not that difficult. Immediately post surgery was the worst, but thank god for pain meds. Just prep your post meal planning. That made things easier so I didn't have to leave my house to shop for stuff. 
  4. My hubby was supportive and shocked by the quick transformation in my body. He's excited to see me healthier, but admittedly is becoming insecure because of his weight. We have been together 20 years so we will weather this storm. He keeps making jokes about how he's the fatter one now that I weight less than him. 
  5. . I agree that Pinterest is great for recipe ideas. There is one website that I ran across called twosleevers. Husband/wife duo and their journey. Used a couple of their recipes. 

Good luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views