Intermittent Fasting and PCOS - anyone have success?

novascotian8
on 4/24/17 11:36 am - Canada

As the thread title would suggest, I have PCOS (and stage III endometriosis) and am considering attempting an Intermittent Fasting form of eating... Not so much a diet, but rather building new habits on WHEN I eat. I'm just starting to read about it and I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has given it a go.

I searched this forum (PCOS) specifically but don't see any posts about it yet.

Thanks! :)

RhondaJS
on 5/29/17 5:47 pm

Hello!

I'm a long time PCOS sufferer and also have had two WLS (VSG and recently a DS). I was on a paleo diet for a long time tried intermittent fasting when I started regaining all my weight 6 years out from my VSG surgery. I think it made my PCOS symptoms worse and when I did eat, I ate EVERYTHING IN SITE.

As far as research goes, there's little out there about women and intermittent fasting, let alone women with PCOS. What is out there is research showing that men and women respond differently to IF. Attached is a website I've followed off and on about primal eating.

Good luck.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/women-and-intermittent-fasting/

Mary K.
on 12/30/17 3:36 am

I am late to post to this, but I was wondering if intermittent fasting is only good for certain body types. Think about it, most obese people already have genetic pre-disposition to keep weight during famine. In fact science has already shown that fasting slows metabolism and can lead to rapid regain. I guess I am afraid to try it on the basis that my body will just shut down and not release a pound because it thinks Im starving it to death lol. However, I will say another friend with PCOS, but no WLS is doing the fast where you do not eat between 8pm and 1pm th following day, and she has seen improvements in her PCOS and memory. I wpuld like to try it, but I have to take morning meds that can cause nausea. Trying to find a way around it like bullet proof coffee (w coconut oil) to see if I can do meds that way. Would like to know if others have succeeded with fasting techniques.

Thanks,

Mary K.

WereYorkieVol2
on 10/10/18 12:12 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

I would really recommend a book called The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung and also look up his interviews on YouTube. He does discuss why IF with LC is the perfect combination for a woman with PCOS. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views