After consult....

Priestess1974
on 3/7/04 1:17 am - GRAND PRAIRIE, TX
Okay, well it's over. I met my surgeon and things are now in process. I think this surgery will save my life. I'll finally have a tool to be able to keep weight off. My body has already been ravaged by PCOS (thinning hair, herotism,being fat (duh)), but I am hopeful. If I can just be healthier, I'll be happy. My number one goal as I lose weight is to be able to run again! I used to cross train, walking and doing sprints, back when I was a personal trainer, and that is one of my joys in life. I have about 182lbs to lose per the doctor to meet my goal weight of 137lbs. I thought that was a little low. Anyway, let me know how everyone is. Susan
Donna A.
on 3/8/04 8:38 am - Charlotte, NC
Dear Susan, I wish you the very best in your journey! PCOS is a terrible disorder, I have hated every second of it. It robs us of our feminine beauty which this society values so highly. There is nothing valuable in our society about a fat, bearded lady with male pattern baldness. Oops, talking about myself again! But finally there is a tool to help us with the weight problem part...WLS. I'm still pre-op but I look forward to being a 'postie'! I'm so glad you are getting help at such a young age, do take care and keep us posted on your progress. Your Cyster, Donna PCOS
rn4u2go
on 3/12/04 11:57 pm - queens, NY
Hi susan, I too have PCOS and have all the NOT-SO-FUN things that come along with it. I decided that WLS would be the key to losing the weight, and losing the weight would help the PCOS. But as i am sure you are aware, PCOS does not allow you to lose weight, what a vicious cycle!!! I was thrilled to find that i am approved for surgery and will be joining the losing side on March 23, (yay) I would love to know how your are doing and how your WLS journey is progressing. Keep me Posted!!! Many Blessings, mimi D
Donna M.
on 3/30/04 2:26 am - Long Beach, CA
I too have all those horrible side effects of PCOS. I am 3 weeks post op, and besides the weight, the thing I look forward to most is not having to shave my face every day. Its so embarassing and quite a hastle. I truly hope it goes away. For me, that was part of my decision to have WLS. Has anyone here had the pleasure of losing the hirusitism? I also want to get pregnant once on the "other side". Anyone have any luck with that? Thanks for any advice/info! -Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views