Started then STOPPED dead 2 months out????

Dinka Doo
on 5/25/04 3:17 pm - Medford, OR
I'm 2.5 months out. True to form I had a period a week after surgery which was not too bad, then a heavy one 4 weeks later. I thought my body would be going into non-PCOS mode from here on out. I previously had fairly regular cycles when doing Atkins (33-35 days or so) and figured this would be the same for me now. Well, here it is closing in on 2 months since my last period. Not that I'm sad about this, but I was getting all pms'y (which never really happened much before) and was expecting the ol' red dragon but it never showed. Any other post ops find they regulated and then went back anovulatory right away? I am not so much concerned about that as wondering what to expect and wondering if it's a sign that even with the surgery I'm going to continue to be resistant to weight loss. (I have been a slow loser, with 175 to lose, I've lost 44 lbs in 2.5 months....which is behind the average for folks my size). Dina
lori2778
on 5/29/04 1:35 pm - North West, PA
have you taken a pregnancy test? you can become very fertile afer your body starts to regulate, and i know that i was experiencing all of the "pre peroid" symptoms when i found out i was pregnant. good luck! ~Lori
Dinka Doo
on 5/30/04 10:08 pm - Medford, OR
Well, no, I haven't taken a test but I don't need to if you get my drift. I haven't exactly been tearing up the sheets lately! Dina
Tera G.
on 6/20/04 3:51 am - Lexington, KY
Dina, I started about 3 or 4 weeks after my surgery. Then I got back on the pill. They say you may become very likely to get preg right after you start to regulate some. My doc said "no babies until at least 1 year post op" so I went back on the pill. My surgery was July 16, 2003 and I am only down about 90lbs so don't think you are "behind the average". I have been told that the slower you lose the longer you will lose. As far as being regular, i went off the pill right after i started in Feb. April, May and June I have been right on schedule. every 28 to 30 days. Doctors told me for years that if I would drop some weight then my cycle would be normal again. I guess I just had to drop enough weight. Hang in there. Your body is still getting over the surgery. things maybe a little off for a few months. If you are worried then talk to your gyn or like the other girl said, take a test. Good luck to you. and something that has kept me going is, as long as you are losing, you are doing great. Tera
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3599 views