Birth Control after WLS

Tera G.
on 6/20/04 4:32 am - Lexington, KY
I was just reading some of the other posts and actually replied to some of them. One thing that I forgot to mention is Birth conrtol may help with pain and size of the cysts that you may have. I was having really bad pain in my side before my WLS. They had told me that it was one of the cysts had gotten really big and that is where the pain was comming from. My GYN told me that the cysts could be removed but they would just come back and one thing that would shrink them was Birth Control pills. I had heard that but wasn't sure about the facts. Anyway, I had my surgery in July of 2003. My period started in Aug of 2003 and I started on birth control. I haven't had any pain at all. Also, I went off birth control in Feb and my periods have been regular with no pain for the last 3 months. I am just thinking that, we can't have a baby for at least 12 months post-op, we don't know when we are going to have a period, and we don't know if the cysts are goning to get big enough to cause pain or not. So if we take the pill then we know we won't get preg, we know we will have a period and the pill may actually keep the cysts from getting any bigger and may acutally shrink them. Just something I thought you all might want to think about. good luck to you all. Tera
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views