do i have pcos?

Carla M.
on 9/18/04 4:38 pm - Portland, OR
Hello everyone. I ran across this board the other day and I am wondering if I have PCOS. I have never been diagnosed with it, as a matter of fact, NO doctor that I've ever been to has even mentioned it. I have quite a few of the symptoms that you all have: hair growing on my *****since I was in 7th or 8th grade), irregular periods (I have been known to be bleeding for 5 months at a time!), I have had ovarian cysts, I even had my left ovary removed because the doctor thought that the cyst and the ovary looked 'funny'. So, now here I am almost 31 years old, 11 months post op, and wanting to get pregnant. My period has been regular for the past 4 months, so I am assuming that I'm ovulating regularly. I have been considering going to the gyn to see what I should do to get pregnant. What sort of tests have you had that you've been diagnosed with PCOS? What other symptoms do you have? Should I worry about not being able to have a baby? I really want to have a family. My husband and I have been married almost 3 years, and this is the next step. I know that I'm rambling and all over the place, but anything that you want to tell me would be appreciated! xoxo Carla
rivergblue
on 9/22/04 3:32 pm - Ft. Myers, FL
Hi, I'm new to this board, but have had PCOS for a few years. There are blood tests that help determine if you have PCOS. They check your estrogen, free testosterone, FSH (Folical stimulating hormone), blood sugar levels, and a few other that I can't remember off hand. Typical symptoms are extra hair (specifically male patterned), acne, weight loss or gain, insulin resistancy, irregular periods, and difficulty conceiving. If you are concerned that you have PCOS I would definently go to a GYN and inform him/her of your concern and ask them to run the tests. These tests are usually done at specific points durring your cycle. I hope this helped. Brook
KristalGerou
on 10/1/04 11:41 am - Kimberly, WI
i also have pcos i have had it since i was 11 im now 24 the hair growth is on your stomach,face,arms,legs.....any place a man would grow you will to i now only have one ovary and i didnt find out about pcos until after i had my daughter before that i only had a 50/50 chance of even having children but i was small and it still took 10 months to get prego but now that i am bigger i haven had a period on my own in 5 years i had to take the birth control pill just to get one very dry well you know where and not to into sex any more and i am hoping that once i have wls i will then beable to have more children i hope that you will be able to and i would go see your obgyn and see what they say but i have heard many woman on here having pcos and then wls and having babys so good luck and hope all goes well ((((HUGS))))) Kristal
adelpha23marke
on 3/25/06 7:54 am - Prestonsburg, KY
Go to an endocrineologist , My gyno diagnoised me with adrenal hyperplasia, so i thought i had that for 6 years however i finally went to an endocrineologist he ran test and told i had PCOS instead. My Endo has been extremely helpful and informative.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views