Skin Tags

Ms. T.
on 11/10/04 7:19 am - So.Cal, CA
I'm a pre-op and I just needed some info with other women suffering from PCOS who have undergone WLS. My skin tags are increasing and I have taken to snipping them off, but they grow back!! AAACK!! Is anyone else having this problem, and after undergoing WLS have the skin tags gone away or disappeared entirely?
Shari M.
on 11/18/04 1:48 pm - Wildomar, CA
Mimi~ I don't know too much about skin tags after surgery, but I think doing the "surgery" yourself is contributing to the spreading. Try going to the doctor and having them frozen off. I had some on my neck removed and haven't had any return. Good luck to you! Shari
Ms. T.
on 11/20/04 7:02 am - So.Cal, CA
Thanks Shari! I'll look in getting that done! Thanks!!
Dinka Doo
on 11/18/04 6:44 pm - Medford, OR
I've only had a few skin tags, so I'm far from an expert, but I would venture a strong guess to say that I don't think they will go away, but I would think/hope that they might not be so vigorously popping up after surgery. I'll defer to those who know more though. Dina
Jamie C.
on 11/18/04 10:37 pm - Lakewood, OH
Ms. Mimi- My PCP told me that they are hereditary? If that is spelled right?!? Some people get em, some don't. I can't whack mine off myself, I have tried, I cried then gag, then I quit. I hope your surgery helps it though, I hope it helps mine too come to think of it! We deserve to be SMOOTH too! LOL : ) Jamie
Ms. T.
on 11/20/04 7:09 am - So.Cal, CA
Very true Jamie, very true!! You crack me up Girl!
Ms. T.
on 11/20/04 7:05 am - So.Cal, CA
I'm sure you're right Dina! My GYN tells me that PCOS symptoms will usually lessen after WLS! My fingers are crossed! Mimi
Ms. T.
on 11/20/04 7:07 am - So.Cal, CA
I'm sure you're right Dina! My GYN tells me that PCOS symptoms will usually lessen after WLS! My fingers are crossed! Mimi
Dory1961
on 4/13/05 4:32 am - Byesville, OH
My 19 year old daughter has them too, and she sneaks and removes them as well. I wasnt aware they could be frozen off, Did you have a dermatologist do it or your MD? Thank you so much, Laura
Michele D.
on 5/25/05 5:00 am - Grafton, WI
I have had skin tags removed before and the way they did mine was by cutting it off and then cauterizing the spot. It didn't hurt because they numb the area but it was kind of weird to smell burning skin:O
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views