Holistic treatments?

Dedicated
on 12/22/04 10:30 pm - Eleva, WI
I've had PCOS for about 10+ yrs now. Male pattern hair growth on chin and chest (ICK). Also get adhesions on my uterus and ovaries that have to be removed every 2-3 yrs. I have the insulin resistance as well. I don't really want to take glucophage again, and am wondering about a natural treatment that may work in a similar way to meds. Does anyone have any ideas? Its not that I'm against going to the doctor, I'm just sick of taking man made pills without a whole lot of success and want to try something else. Thanks!
Dinka Doo
on 12/24/04 7:48 pm - Medford, OR
Nothing will be quite as effective as glucophage, but perhaps the wls will help somewhat. I know that doing Atkins helped me ENORMOUSLY when I was doing it years ago. It really helped straighten things out for me. There are some herbs that can help with regulating cycles, but I can't remember the names of them all. I did online searches before and found them out. Some find great effectiveness from herbs while others don't. I think it just depends on the person's own body chemistry and their lifestyle. You never know until you try. That being said, I'm not sure they will help with the growths/adhesions. I think that might be something herbs won't be able to do much for, but my mind is always open if someone has more info to share. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3595 views