Conception with PCOS post WLS?

Maria M.
on 12/23/04 10:48 am - Cincinnati, OH
Have any of you conceived post-op with PCOS? My cycles are normal now and blood sugars are normal. I am hoping to get pregnant in the New Year. Any advice or experiences to share? Thanks, Maria
Dinka Doo
on 12/24/04 7:44 pm - Medford, OR
I'd love to help but I'm only 9 months out myself, and I was one of those who was able to get pregnant before wls (barely!). From what I have heard it is safer for women to get pregnant once they have lost the weight from wls than it is to be obese. Still, there are risks but having just read what is out there online regarding this, once you are stabilized and eating a decent portion size, there is relatively little risk. Dina
Allison M.
on 12/26/04 11:14 pm
I found this link to the Yahoo group. You have to join Yahoo, if not already a member-it's free. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG-pregnant/ You can search PCOS on that board and get a lot of specific info. Good Luck!
gmb0899
on 1/5/05 1:19 am
Hello Maria, I am three months post op and pregnant! I suffered with PCOS and endometrosis for many years. I tried clomid and Pregonal with absolutely not luck. I was totally devastated. You will get pregnant the WL really helps. Good luck and best wishes... mommy to be!!!
lori2778
on 1/6/05 9:36 am - North West, PA
Maria, I lost 80 lbs my first year in college and the PCOS (and peroids) regulated themselves... my senior year, i got pregnant (through the pill) and now have a wonderful 3 year old... after the birth, my hormones went outta wack and i gained all my weight back within 6 weeks! that is why i now had WLS... but to answer your ques, yes, most likely you will be able to conceive once your PCOS goes into "remission" good luck and let us know any good news!!! ~Lori
bgjames
on 1/11/05 1:38 pm - 'Heidelberg, Germany
Sorry, I just found this page! Just something I don't know if you've heard or not...they say that after WLS the chaces for multiple birth pregnancies are higher. If you go to the pregnancy forum you can see from them that a lot of the posters are having twins. I know one said she is preggers with trips! Could you imagine!!! I guess it is our compensation for not being able to get pregnant until this point, we get all our kids in one shot. Anyway, good luck!! Bren
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views