Weird pcos question...

aLeYa ~.
on 12/29/04 4:05 pm - Coquitlam, Canada
Hey all, I'm new to this board... I was diagnosed with PCOS a little over a year ago and I've learnt about most of the symptoms and all, but one I've read about here is pain during sex? I haven't had it yet, so I don't know anything about it...what kind of pain exactly? I hope this isn't too offensive to anyone, just feeding my curiousity Thanks~!
Dinka Doo
on 12/30/04 4:25 am - Medford, OR
I can't say it's the same for others as it is for me, but I have had abdominal pains - like cramping but more dull....like someone is tapping a bruise almost. I also have had cervical pain when it get****which seems like a lot. I think my cervix rides low a lot of the times. Dina
Toy T.
on 12/31/04 12:31 am
DS on 02/22/12
I am so glad this question was posted because I thought I was a freak and was seriosuly contemplating going to a therapist. For me personally, it is as if there is a barrier there and if he goes any further it is the worse kind of pain and I refuse to continue. I thought I might just have a problem and had a low pain tolerance but I now see that this may be related directly to PCOS. This is the kind of pain it is for me but I do not know if it is the same for everyone. Toya
ICESTORM12132008
on 10/29/11 6:17 am
A common feature(but not always) with the pcos is the formation of fibroids and polyps within the uterine cavity and cervix.  These fibroids can cause mind blowing pain with intercourse and if the fibroids get large enough your periods will become very painful and heavy.  If you have pain w/ intercourse I'd see your treating GYN and tell them about your S&S and any wierdness with your menstral patterns(bleeding not enough, to much, to long, not bleeding for along time bleeding to much and to long any clotting ect). 

The common treatment if you want to keep your uterus and have babies is a diagnostic series of U/S to see what is going on inside the womb.  then if fibroids or overgrowth of the lining is seen the doctor will treat the overgrowth with either a perscription to re set your menstration, or a D&C to remove all forgien matter.  The doctor will probally do lab work to make sure you don't have any elevations in your CA125 labs(common test to r/o cancer).  I know this sounds like a bit much, but fibroids are common with pcos.  --icestorm.
Gigee
on 12/31/04 4:24 am - Newark, DE
Cervex (sp?) pain here. I just adjust my position some.. pull my hips up some and it helps.. tremendously! I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 15. I am now 42, it's only in the past couple of years that I've experience any discomfort and once I adjust my position I'm pain free. Gigee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1043 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views