PCOS Post WLS - Questions & Observations

Michele M.
on 2/5/05 3:09 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Today I glanced down at my hands as I was typing, and noticed that the hair is gone. Yes, gone. My hands, fingers, forearms used to have dark black hair. (I'm blonde by the way) I used to shave my hands and fingers, and trim my arms, because I was self concious of it. I felt like a wookie. But now, its GONE. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I went and woke up my husband. He looked and confirmed its gone. What little bit is left is blonde to light brown and fine, just like its supposed to be. So then my husband shocks me by saying, "yeah, its almost gone in other places too". He knows I'm very sensitive about it, and didn't want to come right out and tell me, so I run and look in the mirror... sure enough... the backs of my thighs, and buttocks... its GONE. Whats left is thin, and blonde. I'm so excited about this! The hair is still present and growing on my face though. But I'm going to start aldactone, once I feel like I'm more settled into this surgery. And once on the aldactone for six months, I'm going to invest in a lengthy bout of laser hair removal. Anyway, my questions. Here is my fear. The hair is gone, I'm so excited! But is it going to come back? What if it fell out in reaction to the shock of surgery? Did you lose this hair, and have it come back? Am I stressing over something that I should be thrilled about, and not worry what might happen? I am 5'5", and I weighed 265 on 7/21/04 and I am now down to 184. My blood sugar levels have been normal since surgery. Same goes for cholestorol, and I've been on the patch so my periods are happening every month. I did go on thyroid meds right before surgery, but was a dumbass and didn't continue them cause I thought it would automatically be better after surgery (wrong). So my thyroid level was too low, and I restarted on the synthroid about 3 weeks ago. I just don't know what to think! Need some feedback from you other PCOS'ers. I feel like that woman in the Pantene commercial... "It's ridiculous how happy this makes me" Michele
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 12:22 am - Medford, OR
Oh I don't think it's ridiculous how happy this makes you at all! I would be thrilled too! I can't say if it will stay away or return. I think the thing is that over time we start to eat more and some people gain their weight back. As long as we can gain weight back, I think there is a chance our PCOS symptoms will return. As for me, I've been having electrolysis done for several months now and it's such a relief to see these hairs going bye bye for good! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views