pcos after wls, babies?

MissyB
on 4/30/05 12:28 am - Jeannette, PA
I was wondering if there are any ladies out here who had pcos before surgery, lost weight, and had a child. This is one of the main reasons I am getting the surgery. Just wondered if there were any great stories from any of you out there! Thanks Missy
Ann
on 7/19/05 8:49 am - Simi Valley, CA
Same here Melissa. My 4 main reasons, to be here longer with my husband, the hope of having a child, getting off my blood pressure meds (this one is DONE!!), and fixing or improving my back problem (still sucks)! I would also love to hear some encouraging news about this. Our fertility doctor said it absolutely has a huge impact on PCOD to loose significant amounts of weight, and on the hormone levels and that we should be able to get the ovaries working at a more normal weight but I still have the fear that it won't happen. It hurts to even think of it. My surgeons freaked out about my plan...of waiting a year and a half and then trying....and very strongly insist on several types of birth control because they too are convinced that the wls can change hormone levels overnight. They said one day you can be completely infertile and the next day get pregnant. I hope I'm not putting all my hopes into this and then it's not true, but I'm 8 weeks out surgery and hoping for the best. Ann
Amy L.
on 9/27/05 1:44 am - Rogers, AR
Hi all! Just wanted to post to let you know that your hopes are not misplaced. I have had PCOS since 1996 and have not had a "normal" period since then. I had RNY on 4/6/05 and have lost 90 pounds so far. As if that's not a blessing enough, I went to my OB/GYN last Friday for some abdominal pain I was having, and guess what?!?! They told me I am 5 weeks pregnant! Anyone who has suffered with PCOS like I have surely will understand what a miracle this is!! I know it's early and I have lots to worry about, but I wanted to share my news to let others know that getting the weight off DEFINITELY helped me. I am a firm believer that the WLS was one of the keys to making this happen. I do know that there are others out there with a story similar (and often more miraculous) than mine, but I would advise you to keep hope alive and know that prayers are answered! Love to each of you, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1043 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views