Daily Carb Intake

Julie A.
on 8/5/05 4:59 am - Honolulu, HI
I was told by my nutritionist to start introducing carbs into the diet at my 3 month check-up. I know what "kind" of carbs to introduce...complex, preferably through veggies, and stay away from breads, rice, pastas, etc. I tried this for a week, had maybe 40(50, at most)grams of carbs per day. I felt UGH! I thought maybe it was just my body reacting to a new nutrient,and monitored everything for a week. Unfortunately, I woke up every morning with what I like to term a carb hangover! Sluggish, full, blah! By the way, I know the carbs slowed everything down. I lost 1/2# in that week, and no inches, and I was averaging a 4# loss per week prior to that time. I don't think it was a plateau. I went back to the basics and lost 3# the next week. Since I am 3 months out from surgery, it seems to be directly related to the increased carbs. I'm just wondering how many carbs per day have you been able to incorporate in your diet without sabotaging the weight loss?
heatherevond
on 8/29/05 1:57 am - Madison, AL
I'm a newbie Pre-op.. but from my PCOS experience I have a thought. What if you slowly added the complex carbs in with your protein? Maybe a few leaves of spinach or brocoli heads with a small piece of chicken. A normal (non wls, non pcos) person trying to loose weight is told not to eat carbs alone. Maybe just bring in a small amount of carbs.. maybe 15-20g w/protein. Good luck! Heather PCOS hoping to have surgery!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views