Great Makeup

jcabiness
on 12/4/05 12:59 am - alexandria, VA
O****il today, I thought I was the only one with the really embarassing facial hair problem! Anyway, I shave my face every weekday, then on the weekends I try to do a good "plucking" with a magnifying mirror and good tweezers. No doubt, it always comes back, but I have found a couple of really good foundations. The first thing I use is Philosophy "The Present" Clear Makeup- it is a silicone based product that goes on clear, then gives a very nice smooth fini****'s not cheap, but I'm willing to pay a little more for my skin to look nice! It also stays on all day, and I only need to do one touch-up with powder during the day. The second product I use on top of the Clear Make-up is Lancome Dual Finish powdered foundation. Again, the Lancome is more expensive, but worth it. I have oily skin, so don't use liquid foundation- by the end of the day my makeup would look like it was sliding off of my face. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who suffers from this condition! I would definitely get the lasering done if I could afford it!
Dinka Doo
on 12/7/05 6:14 pm - Medford, OR
I finally succumbed to electrolysis because someone on here mentioned they did it and I've never been happier to do something for myself since surgery! I did find out by my electrologist that plucking makes the hair more vigorous and coarse because it damages the root folicle and in turn sends more blood to the damaged root which causes it to grow faster and more hardy. Keep that in mind for the future if you decide you want to get rid of it forever. I have been seeing her for about a year and go every 2 weeks. I am guessing that I have another 3 months left before I'm done and I pay $20-24 a session. Now as far as makeup goes, I didn't think I would like it but I fell in absolute love with Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals. It is absolutely incredible. It's a powder mineral foundation that gives me exactly the coverage I need for my large pores, scars, acne, etc, and it never slides off my face. I will use a mineral veil powder sometimes at the end of my day, but generally it stays on better than any makeup I've tried....and I've pretty much tried them all. I also have never been complimented more than when I started wearing it. Suddenly my horrible complexion is something people compliment me on and envy me for. Wha???? But it indeed does provide a flawless finish. I got a sample on eBay to start and worked from there. Now most of the women I work with exclusively use BE. Dina
KellyJo
on 12/18/05 1:59 am - Worcester, MA
Hi I pluck every other day usually and cut with scissors the upper lip hair. The right side of my upper lip is very coarse as I did not have much electrolysis on that side and the other side is less so. I stopped electrolysis because I realized that I was getting wrinkles on my upper lip. I second the mineral makeup - its fabulous but in my opionion way too expensive. I use it sparingly as I don't wear makeup everyday. Cheers! Kelly L
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3599 views