Anyone over 300lbs get pregnant?

tamiissunshine
on 3/16/09 1:41 pm - Halsey, OR
I was just curious as to hear stories both good and not so good about people who have gotten pregnant when they were over 300lbs. Also if other's got pregnant after WLS but still were over 300lbs.

Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Amy-from-CA
on 3/16/09 1:44 pm - Valencia, CA
I believe that there's been more than a handful of ladies who've found themselves pregnant and over 300 pounds. Some found out as early as a month after surgery, not leaving much time to lose at all. 
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

tamiissunshine
on 3/17/09 1:38 am - Halsey, OR
I got on the Nuva Ring so that I wouldn't get pregnant right away, but I don't like the way birth control makes me feel. I'm a little nervous to get off of the birth control as last time I did I got pregnant within 6 months and we were following the natural planning way.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

AngelaEsq
on 3/17/09 4:41 am - Toms River, NJ
On March 17, 2009 at 8:38 AM Pacific Time, tamiissunshine wrote:
I got on the Nuva Ring so that I wouldn't get pregnant right away, but I don't like the way birth control makes me feel. I'm a little nervous to get off of the birth control as last time I did I got pregnant within 6 months and we were following the natural planning way.
FYI-The nuva ring is supposed to be ineffective for people over 200lbs.
tamiissunshine
on 3/17/09 12:25 pm - Halsey, OR
Are you serious?! Oh my gosh, they never told me that.

impulseisbeauty
on 3/17/09 10:49 pm - Westminster, MD
Oh yeah. It is ineffective. I got pregnant at 330lbs. after RNY. I started out over 400. I was on yaz which I had problems absorbing and then the NuvaRing... lol... 2 months later... SUPRISE!

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

tamiissunshine
on 3/18/09 4:48 am - Halsey, OR
Oh wow. That is good to know. I wouldn't mind having another baby, it's just that I'd like to lose more weight first since I just got my surgery. No one ever told me about the possibility that the effectiveness of the NuvaRing was decreased when you're overweight. They should really discuss this with their patients!

Shari M.
on 3/16/09 9:15 pm - Wildomar, CA
I had wls and lost about 135 pounds. I did fertility treatments and when I got pg with #1 I was 291 and 18 months post op. The pg was fine, but I did have gestational diabetes and Emma was 9lb10oz. My issues were after delivery I had such a big saggy panni that it got infected after the cesarian and I had a long hard recovery. I am now pg with number 2. I gained 70 pounds with Emma and lost 42 in 13 months, so I was 318 when I got pg this time. My blood sugars are already high. I have battled type 2 diabetes for a long time though so it doesn't surprise me. I am also insulin resistant with PCOS. Hope this helps. Good luck. Shari
Photobucket Photobucket  Micah 18 months, Emma 3

tamiissunshine
on 3/17/09 1:48 am - Halsey, OR
I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 325 after just losing 50lbs and like you I had a good pregnancy, I had pregnancy induced hypertension which caused them to induce me 3 weeks early but I felt really good throughout the pregnancy. I too had a C section and it got infected which was horrible. I got on birth control a month before my surgery and I'm debating on whether to stay on it or not. I really don't like the way it makes me feel, but last time I got off birth control is when I got pregnant within 6 months. I guess I'm just curious as to other's experiences.

Are you nervous about another C section? That's something that freaks me out now, is that I don't want to have another infection, it was such a bad experience.

Hoping2BDiabetesFre
e

on 3/19/09 2:02 pm - Oacoma, SD
I am hijacking this post:)  But, really, Shari, I was banded in July 2008 and I've lost 76lbs. so far.  I have PCOS, diabetes and had high bp. My question is this...our backgrounds sound very similar and I would love to ask you a few questions if you don't mind....regarding your infertility and wls.  My husband and I are trying to get preg.  We've never been able to before and I tried clomid about 10 years ago.  Now that Ive lost weight and Im taking Metformin, Im about to begin clomid again.  Did you also take clomid?  How about met?  Did this help with your PCOS? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Christina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views