Yeast Infection or UTI? Kind of gross I guess... ;(

ECUMindy
on 5/12/09 5:52 am - Winterville, NC
Ok, so Sunday night I starting 'itching' down there. It was very uncomfortable. It got worse yesterday so I called the doc to see what I could take. It was mainly on the outside and not 'internal' if that makes any sense. The doc called in two prescrips-one to take orally and one lotion-type thing.

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and the meds say to be used only when necessary during pregnancy. I assume since the doc called it in, it is ok. I took the oral pill last night and have one more to take in a couple days. it did say it would take a couple days to fully work. I also did one application of the lotion. It said to let it "air out" so I didn't put the lotion on this morning since I was getting fully dressed.

I have noticed the itching/irritation has gotten much better. it is there a bit, but nothing like yesterday. However, I noticed yesterday afternoon there were some shooting pains here and there. Nothing regular and not sharp, but enough to get my attention. It came relatively often last night. Today has been less, but still there. Maybe from once or twice every 30 minutes (yesterday) to once or twice every hour or two today. Of course this happened AFTER I talked to the doc, but before I started the meds.

So, should I be worried? I haven't told the doc about the pain b/c I was waiting to see if the meds help. DO you think it's all related? Normally, I would just think "Hump" and let it go, but with being pregnant you analyze everything.

Did any of you experience (or are experiencing) anything like this during your pregnancy? If it continues I'm going to call the doc, but thought I'd check here and see if any of you experienced this.

BTW, baby is kicking up a storm as usual so that makes me feel better.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Melinda
373/334/184/188/175/ - Highest/Surgery/Lowest-PrePregnancy/Current/First Goal

It's a BOY!

Dev *.
on 5/12/09 6:28 am - Austin, TX
Sounds like yeast to me. Sometimes I get werid pains after using the topical creams for yest, it's generally a temporary thing. The diflucan (the oral med) he gave you will probaly knock it out, the topical stuff is more for symptom relief.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

ECUMindy
on 5/12/09 6:32 am - Winterville, NC
Thanks for posting. It was Diflucan. Should I take the other pill today or wait until tomorrow? Prescp says wait two days-- nurse said yesterday to take it today.

Symptoms have improved so that is good.

The shooting pain which is what was concerning me. A friend said it could be the ligaments stretching which would be unrelated to the infection but a coincidence.

Thanks again for the post.

Melinda

It's a BOY!

Dev *.
on 5/12/09 12:13 pm - Austin, TX
 I would follow the package directions, I took one too early once and it didn't work as well. 
If the shooting pains you feel are deep inside, it probably is your ligaments. What I've experienced before with the yeast infection is sort of like shooting pains in the vaginal wall.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

SHANNYN B.
on 5/12/09 7:55 am
I would say ita yeast also. I get some pain after I have had it awhile. It will usually get better after 3 or 4 days where it will be like you never  had it. The infections are awful and once you know what they are like you never ever forget it.
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/09 9:42 am - Hico, TX
RNY on 01/29/08 with
I have had 3 UTi's and 1 yeast infection, and been catheterized so far during this pregnancy.  The yeast infection was so bad my vulva was bleeding cause i was itching/scratching and dancing like crazy  (Way TMI)    Anyways, i personally would go ahead and take the other Diflucan, as well as use the cream and wear a pantyliner also.  If not better i would go in personally and see the Doctor.  Been there done that, so very un-comfortable. Nothing to be embarassed about..............we all have been there i think at some point. The joys of being a woman.
Julie122780
on 5/12/09 11:07 am
I am currently experiencing my third yeast infection this pregnancy. One of the symptoms that I have are sharp pains that feel high up inside or on my cervix. I know you said yours were not sharp but that is what it feels like. Each time that this has occured I did in fact have a yeast infection, and after treatment the pains went away. I would assume that it is just part of the infection but if you are worried I would certainly call the doc. Feel better!!!

Ticker id: 3XC7                    Ticker id: Sisj

Mom of 2 angels: Kaitlyn Marie 8-22-07 & Jenna Michaela 4-10-08
Molar Pregnancy in 3/2010

ECUMindy
on 5/13/09 12:34 am - Winterville, NC
Thanks for the replies ladies. So far today the symptoms seem to have diminished. If they come back I'll take the other pill. I really think it was just the infection. I guess we are more prone to them while pregnant? I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever had one.

Thanks again for the responses.

Melinda

It's a BOY!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views