Hanging in there - preterm labor update

Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/12/09 6:19 am - Sacramento, CA
Just thought I would give you guys a quick update. Bella and I are still baking. We are 33 1/2 weeks and hoping to make it to 37 :) I have been having contractions on and off, and still getting bloody mucus (brownish red - sorry TMI). I notice that if I spend the majority of my day sitting on my butt I am ok - it is when I get up and so stuff that I am not feeling great. I have an ultrasound and appointment tomorrow so maybe I will get some more answers.

Has anyone here ever gone full term after having preterm labor and a positive FFN?? I know Sandy did :)

I really want to get my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure.... feel so yucky and like I need to get ready for the big event!

:) Dawn
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

Strgln2B Me
on 5/12/09 6:23 am - TN
Sorry to hear that you're going through this but glad that you are still baking and hanging in there. I haven't gone through this before but I wanted to send some (((HUGS))) your way and let you know that you'll be in my thoughts. BTW, what's an FFN?

Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/12/09 2:24 pm - Sacramento, CA
Thank you!!

The FFN is when they swab your cervix to see if there are any fetal protiens present. If so it could be an indicator that you COULD go into labor within the next 2 weeks.  Sounds like fun huh?? LOL!
Dawn Momma to:
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/09 7:37 am - Naples, ME
Hi Dawn,

Fear not my friend!!  I was pre-term with both.  Walker was Soooo late they had to induce me at the end of my 42 week.  RIDICULOUS!  So, you can carry full term.  I hope you do (for the baby's sake)  I know you are anxious to meet that beautiful baby.  Heck, so are we!!!

Keep us posted and REST that is all you can do!!  HUGS headed out for you!
Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/12/09 2:26 pm - Sacramento, CA
That is so good to hear!!!! I am anxious to meet her, but you are right, I would like for her to bake more!!!!
Dawn Momma to:
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

BethD
on 5/12/09 7:43 am - Winder, GA
Hi Friend! I am really glad to hear you are still baking!!  37 weeks will be here before you know it!!
OH and be careful because have your feet massaged can bring on labor so you want to be sure if you get a pedi that you don't let them massage...if they do that at yours!!

No experience with long term...preterm labor! I went into preterm and delivered the next day so it just goes to show everyone is different!

I am sending keep baking vibes and you have a talk with Bella and let her know that it's just not time yet!!

Big Hugs!! oh and I will keep checking on you too...like a stalker angel!!

love
Beth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/12/09 2:38 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hi my fellow worry wart/stalker!!! :)

I got my pedi - don't worry didn't let them massage my feet! :) My toes look so much better! Bella and I had a conversation today - I told her she needs to give Mimmy (that is what Bailey calls me) at least 3 more weeks. So - hopefully she is listening. If she is anything like her older sister she will have the "will of the warrior" and come when she feels like it LOL!
Dawn Momma to:
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

SHANNYN B.
on 5/12/09 7:58 am
I just hope she bakes as long as possible. My last son was born 5 weeks early but almost had him at 28 weeks. So we kept him in about 7 more weeks which was great! Good luck on keeping her in as long as possible!!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/12/09 2:39 pm - Sacramento, CA
I would love to bake her another 3-4 weeks. Heck if she wants to come at 41 weeks I would welcome that too! :)
Dawn Momma to:
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

Kimberly Z.
on 5/12/09 8:37 am - MACEDONIA, OH
No advice as I am pregnant for the first time!! Hope that you and Bella are able to hang in there!
hugs,
Kim
Highest /Surgery/Lowest/post preggo
268/242/143/198
Mom to Eli 11-15-2009 and Olivia 7-2-2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views