I need to rant a little.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 4:26 am

All I want to do is talk about this pregnancy and I have no doubt the people that do know are sick of hearing me already LOL.

Now that we've determined that God has given us a gift and we have to face up to it - we are really facing up to it.

Like the fact we have no more bedrooms in the house.  And I don't have one baby item left in my possession.  Nor any maternity clothes (not that they would fit since it was all pre op).  And I'm 40.  And I'm utterly exhausted all the time.  

DOH.  We can certainly work through all that - but it's so hard, because I'm still in emotional limbo until I pass the miscarriage point (I've gone as far as 14 weeks so it's going to take a while).....but at the same time, we do have to discuss some plans.  Then I feel like I'm jinxing the whole thing by mentioning names or sleeping arrangements, etc.

this is such a roller coaster.  I'm a big planner, by nature.  Being thrown a surprise like this is tough to handle on so many levels - not to mention the whole thing is out of my control - and shocking, I'm a big control freak too.   

I know I should shut up and deal.  I truly am grateful. But I do worry every time I go to the bathroom and hold my breath before I look down.    This is total brain takeover and I have very few places to unload, so thanks for listening if you got this far!  I don't know how I"m going to get through the next 8 months.  Sigh.

Sharon

tanya72100
on 5/13/09 4:36 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
I can totally 150 % relate. Im a planner as well. My notes have notes!! I am still in shock considering im only 8.5 post op. We were planning on waiting the year! But God did not have it planned that way.

We are living in a a two bed room apt. My husband and i just got married March 14, 2009. After a long 5 year Long distance relationship. He is looking for a job for the past few months as he just graduated from college in Feb. we have one child together and one from my previous marriage!!

I feel overwhelmed. We have boxes packed to move. Nothing on the walls and now im thinking where the hell are we going !!! Im not your age.. although im 31 and dh is 40! Good luck!! If you get any good idea let me know!! Im losing it!!

ayoung77
on 5/13/09 11:09 pm
Wow, I'm sure you were thrown for a loop! I heard that we get more fertile as we lose the weight. What did your surgeon say or have you told him?
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 12:30 am
Glad to know I'm not alone - and we got married January 2, 2009......it's crazy.

Good luck on the job hunting and the house hunting. I should be grateful I'm not doing either, I suppose!!!

And we can't even DRINK LOL. (that's the only suggestion I had)

Strgln2B Me
on 5/13/09 4:36 am - TN
Reeeeelax... it'll all work out. If you'd rather not talk about your plans for fear of jinxing the situation then just come here and type it! We can be a rather understanding and supportive bunch, ya know?!? LOL I know it's hard to let go and just go with the flow for I too am a fellow planner by nature. Lately though I've had the attitude of "Whatever! I'm not the only one who knows it needs to be done." You'll get to that point. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 12:31 am
You ladies are pretty awesome....and thank God, because otherwise I would be losing my darn mind.

I'm waiting for the "whatever" to take over :)

Thanks.
biggeekgirl
on 5/13/09 6:27 am

I am so with you!  I still hold my breath when I wipe..... and have the entire pregnancy. 
(especially at the beginning!) 

As for wanting to talk about it.... I think I drove people nuts for the first few months and now again here at the end..... it's all consuming in my thoughts! 

(Which is why I am replying to your post while I should be working!!) 

But that's what we're here for....to talk about it with no pressure.  I think we all understand that nothing is for-sure until you have that baby in your arms.... no jinxing allowed!

You'll get through the next 8 months.... some will be harder than others.  For me, until I felt this baby moving, I was worried all the time.  Now I'm getting close to delivery and I'm worried again! 

Hopefully they'll put you in the "high risk" category and you'll get monthly ultrasounds, etc which will make you feel more comfortable.  (I know they do for me!)

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 12:32 am
Hey girl :)

I'm glad I'm not alone, although I didn't think so - pregnancy makes us all nuts, doesn't it?????

I have no doubt I will be seeing the high risk doc - at least that's what they told me last year.  We'll see once I have an official apopintment.

Thanks and you enjoy too - you are so close!!!!!

Sharon
pirate_mommy
on 5/13/09 6:37 am
I feel for you, I really do! I am a planner by nature, and this whole pregnancy has been a HUGE lesson in letting go! Ha! I try so hard to control things, and then in the end find that the more I stress myself out, the less likley things are to go my way anyway! I wish you months of rest and good health, Sharon ... I won't tell you to calm down or let go ... you will in your own time. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 12:32 am
Thanks for the luck :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views