Some People just don't know what to say.......

"LADYbug-j" L
on 5/13/09 2:30 am - Laurel, MD
I'm in my 33rd wk. of pregnancy, & so far so good.
I was one of the one's who was so-so worried about the excess wt. gain, but I've actually done well. I've gained about 12lbs. total, and within the 12lbs. I've lost and regained the same wt. back and forth throughout the pregnancy currently at the beginning of my 8th month thus far. So needless to say I'v been very happy with the little wt. gain, baby boy is growing just fine!! So I'm very happy about that as well. However today someone says" you don't look pregnant? you just look fat!! That's not the nicest thing to say to a "wls" paitent, who never made it to the doctors 1st goal, in the first place, with only 30lbs. left? Which I know once my lil bundle arrives I will strive for the 1st beloved goal!! but I just couldn't believe that this person actually said something so rude!! some folks just don't know what to say out of their mouths!!! just a lil vent. Comment if you wish. I just think that is was insensitive to say the least to say to anyone, but even worse to a "wls" paient. Peace-jbug I didn't really know how to respond to such a comment, so I just really didn't say anything??? Well that's it for now. Good luck to you and yours in whatever faze that you are within this journey of "wl" & Pregnancy woes!!

"jbug"

Shauna S.
on 5/13/09 2:35 am - Amsterdam, NY
I agree - that's a horrible comment to make to anyone. I would've told the person that as well. Regardless of how you carry your child - every pregnancy is beautiful. Congrats on your lil mister - only a few more weeks to go!

impulseisbeauty
on 5/13/09 2:43 am - Westminster, MD
I love it when people look you up and down and then say "oh, your pregnant"

Makes me want to kill them.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Pam Hart
on 5/13/09 2:57 am - Easton, PA
At least I don't look stupid and rude would have been a good come back...but I probably wouldn't have thought of it in the moment and probably wouldn't have said anything back to them either.

Have a good last couple of weeks!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
*Malena* M.
on 5/13/09 3:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
Geeze if you lived in Iowa I would be asking if it was my aunt that said that to you!  She told me the same thing last summer and I was soooo shocked.  If I hadn't been so shocked I probably would have punched her!  I was so stunned and didn't know what to say.  I had to walk away and just cried.  My Mom and DH let her have it after that.  People, I swear!!

329 (pre-op) 167 (4-22-10) 150 (lowest and goal Summer 07) 
Wife to Russ and Mommy to Elizabeth "Libby"

Lilypie - (mr7x) 
Lilypie - (FJkW) 
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 3:09 am - Hico, TX
RNY on 01/29/08 with
I am a firm believer.....If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all!

I would just steer clear of this A$$.
vwilliams
on 5/13/09 3:13 am
LOL....I have gained 35 pounds and am 28 weeks, way excessive but anyways last week a client said to me "wow your not showing much, but your face sure is fat!" Great now I worry about looking fat, not that I didnt before that comment. And last year when I was 9 months pregnant another client said "gee, your getting wide" I said I am 9 months pregnant, she said "oh sorry". People are dumb sometimes.
Julie122780
on 5/13/09 3:30 am
I know how you feel! Yesterday a woman who works with me looked at me and was like "OMG Julie, you look pregnant!" I looked at her crazy, because she is invited to my baby shower that is in 3 days. I said "Yes, that would be because I am of course" to which she replied "No, I mean you actually look pregnant right now." I wanted to slap her. I was like "Well being that I am almost 8 months pregnant I would hope that I would look somewhat pregnant at some point." She just walks away laughing. I know she didn't mean to but she really made me feel like crap. She might as well have told me that I just looked fatter until yesterday

Ticker id: 3XC7                    Ticker id: Sisj

Mom of 2 angels: Kaitlyn Marie 8-22-07 & Jenna Michaela 4-10-08
Molar Pregnancy in 3/2010

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 4:16 am
People have no tact.

The only thing worse is being asked when due when you aren't pregnant, you know?

I'm sure you look great.  Screw them - they are likely just jealous.

Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views