Amaxing job opportunity...what would you do?

SassySamara
on 5/13/09 2:57 am - San Antonio, TX
So...I have been given the option to work in India for 3 months this summer...it would involve living in a hotel but the experience, work and personal would be great and of course lead to other awesome job advancement opportunities. I know I would not have an issue with adapting to food, culture, etc as with my background etc.
The kicker of course, no family. Emad would not be able to go so would have to stay here and it is 3 months straight with no return visit to the best of my knowledge right now. He would of course be here with my husband who tossed around the idea of maybe taking Emad to Morocco and they spending a time there with his family and his Grandma and Aunts who adore him. Otherwise it is him and baby with our friends and family here?
Decisions, decisions. What would you do? Am I being selfish? Emad would be about 21 months at the time, end of July, and then I would be back just as he turns 2 and at that time we are thinking seriously about dedicated TTC #2. Help?
Thanks!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Pam Hart
on 5/13/09 3:00 am - Easton, PA
Oooohhhh....

ARe you being selfish?  No, I don't think you are being selfish at ALL for considering it.

I give you HUGE kudos for considering it.  I know, even without a child, I don't think I could travel without my family to another country for 3 mos.  Although independent (I promise you, I am) I'm a big wishy washy girly girl at times who needs to be close to those she loves (did I make you puke yet?  LOL)

And to be given such an opportunity is certainly a testament to your abilities, so congratulations on that!

Can't wait to hear what you decide! 

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
SassySamara
on 5/13/09 10:38 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Pam! I do love my family so much and we are super close as far as me and hubby and my son are concerned so it would be like leaving a huge piece of my heart behind but the intentions are all good and that makes it easier....still debating....

Ashlie
on 5/13/09 3:07 am - Big Lake, MN
I think it is a great opportunity! If your husband supports it I think it is a great idea! I went to Germany for 4 months when I was 21 and I was sooo scared to go but I just did it and had a great time! I gained so many amazing memories and experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything. I can't imagine how hard it would be to be away from your family though. I can understand your dilemma!
Lilypie - (bzQG)

Highest / DOS / Current / Goal / I've lost / Height / Size B4 wls / After wls

435      405      213      184       222        6ft          30/32         14/16

SassySamara
on 5/13/09 10:38 pm - San Antonio, TX
Yes, definitely a hard decision and one I am gonna think out really well. There is a lot of benefit for us and of course a big downside in being apart so still thinking on it!

Bookworm5648
on 5/13/09 3:10 am - Manassas Park, VA
I don't think you are being selfish and it sounds like your hubby is being very supportive.  I can't even bear to be away from my kids overnight yet, so I think you one strong mommy to do this! 

It would give Emad time with just daddy, which I am sure he would love.  And your hubby's sperm would be super-potent when you returned to TTC since you would be apart for 3 months!  LOL

Good luck with your decision.

*Stacy*

preview image        preview image

SassySamara
on 5/13/09 10:37 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Stacy...never thought of ti that way...lol
Potency= GOOD!

Shauna S.
on 5/13/09 3:37 am - Amsterdam, NY
I worked in India for 3 weeks at my previous job. It was the most exciting adventure of my life. I highly suggest you take it. I understand your concerns about leaving Emad, but it sounds like your husband is being very supportive and that is great. Maybe it would be a good idea for him to take your son to Morocco too. Or maybe they could fly out to see you mid-trip.

I think you'll regret it if you don't do it. After all the drawback is leaving your son and husband for 3 months, but the possibilities that could come from it will benefit them both in the long run.

SassySamara
on 5/13/09 10:36 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks! I know if anything it woudl definitely be an adventure and the opportunity of a lifetime for sure. I know Emad would be so well cared for and that definitely helps out. And as you said the possibilities are awesome for all of us!

Zee Starrlite
on 5/13/09 5:19 am
Ummmm No, I wouldn't do it no matter what great opportunities may come out of it but that is just me.  You know your situation.  I would think that it would be a traumatic experience for Emad for you to be gone during such an important development stage.  My niece whom I raised says that she developed and emotional dettachment disorder because I left 2x's for 1 mo each when she was 2.  I remember when I left she cried for me untill it seemed like she couldn't breath.  Everyone is different though.

Good Luck with whatever you choose Samara.

Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views