Thursday Rants and Raves Thread

Spencerb52
on 5/14/09 1:13 am
I haven't seen this thread in awhile and it feels like we might all need it this week.  Or is it just me?  So let's have the good, bad and the ugly.  Let it out, get it off your chest.  Share your good news, a wow moment or just your general feelings today.  

Hugs,

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
Liz R.
on 5/14/09 1:34 am - Easton, PA
so you start it without a rant or rave yourself?? lol

My rant: coworkers that run their own companies from our work place and management that either chooses not to see it or just ignores it. Co-workers that don't really want to do their job and that means me picking up the slack.

A mixed rant and rave: morning sickness - or should I say 24/7 sickness! I am still getting food & fluids in - all things that WLS patients shouldn't eat first, toast, bread, crackers and pasta - but WHATEVER works for now - this is a mixed rant and rave because they tell me that people with morning sickness generally don't miss-carry.

Rave: I am so happy to be pregnant! I love seeing the look on my mom's face (even though she is in the hospital) telling all the nurses, aids etc that come in that by this time next year she'll be a grandmother. I want to tell the world but am holding out until after our ultrasound the end of next month.

My other rave is that I have the best support systems ever! Hubby has been extra helpful and supportive, my family has been great. And my friends here on the preggo board and my usual haunt the PA board and there no matter what! This surgery has brought me some of the best friends I could have ever hoped for and people that I wouldn't know if it wasn't for my WLS!
Spencerb52
on 5/14/09 4:11 am
Liz, you crack me up! If I post my rants first, I'm afraid I'd scare everyone away LOL

Between the sleeping employee and the one running a business from work, you have a real motley crew, huh?

So glad your mom can share in the joy of your PG! There is nothing like the pride of a grandparent! Is she improving at all?

Hugs,

Jo

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
Liz R.
on 5/14/09 5:11 am - Easton, PA
Jo and the worst part - IT IS THE SAME GUY!!!!  

She is thanks! Came home this morning!

LOL your rants won't scare us off - who else can we ***** to other then eachother?! lol
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 5:27 am
Hey Liz I meant to drop you a note the other day - but I only live about an hour away from you!!!  I am in between WB and Scranton.

We'll have to think about a shopping trip!
Liz R.
on 5/14/09 8:41 am - Easton, PA
I didn't realize you were that close!! Cool!!! I have a cooking class/support group once a month too if you ever want to come down! I usually post it on the PA board but I'll remember to post it here now too! It is this week. I'll post my recipes here too.

I'll wave on my way through next weekend - headed up to see my Grandparents and tell them about the baby -they live about 45 min north of scranton (Where my Dad's entire family lives - ever been to the courthouse - that's my Great Great Great Uncle's Statue!) lol ok so more then you needed to know! But I'll be headed up that way! (33-80-380-81 to the Lenox exit)
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 8:26 pm
It is totally close.  Thanks on the support group invite - but trust me - you don't want a DSer this far out at your support group LOL.  I would probably enjoy the cooking part though :)

Very cool about the statue - I am fully aware of which one you are talking about!!  I work in North Scranton actually so I spend more time up here these days, which is funny, because I consider myself a WB girl (school, etc).

Anyway, maybe we can do Tannersville one day - any excuse to get to that place is a good one for me :)

Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 1:40 am
Rant:  I don't know how I'm going to make it to my US tomorrow without losing my mind.  This has been the longest week EVER.  And if we are ok - then I want MD appointments  - no more of this crap please!!!!

I am struggling with the whole control thing.  I can't drink , I quit smoking, and all this food I'm shoving in my mouth can't be good for anyone LOL.  Why can't I be one of those people that exercize when they are stressed?  Oh no, not me.

I think that's it for me right now - but it's not lunch time yet, plenty of time for more things to go awry.

Or, maybe I should think positive and hope for something good, right?? 
Spencerb52
on 5/14/09 4:17 am
Kudos to you on not smoking (or drinking)! It's so hard to go cold turkey A N D have the worries of early PG along with the sheer exhaustion. BTDT and you're doing great!

I also have an "addictive personality" and it's never the healthy things I crave. At least you have an excuse LOL

Hugs,

Jo

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 5:25 am
I sound like an addict, don't I??  LOL

The ironic thing is I quit smoking at a work sponsored quit program - totally unrelated to the pregnancy - about a month before I found out I was pregnant.  I was doing ok, having one or two here or there - but of course none since I've learned of the big news.  Timing does have a way of working out in the end.

And really I don't drink that much either but I sure could go for one now that I can't have one!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views