Silly question

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 4:01 am - Madison, MS
This is going to be a silly question and probably shouldn't be asked, but I have no one to "talk" to about this. My son and I are headed to Disney World tomorrow with lots of rides and swimming and such. AF was suppose to come earlier this week but she hasn't shown. With my luck, she'll arrive while on vacation. If she would stay away until I get back home, I'd be one happy momma!! But, just in case, I need to go prepared. I know my son is going to want me to go swimming but I can't necessarily say "Hey, I can't. I'm on the rag" or whatever to that effect. What do you girls do???  Tampons? TMI, but I don't use them, so not real sure what brand or whatever I can trust while swimming. Ugh!!  Any suggestions would be appreciated... ugh! Sometimes I just had mother nature.

Silly Momma Karine!  LOL
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 4:05 am - Hico, TX
RNY on 01/29/08 with
I usually will not go into our pool at that time of the month and have my husband go swimmming with my son. That is just me and i feel funky, lol........ But if i am dragged in , then yes a tampon should be just fine. I would take a few just in case you do start while on vacation. Hopefully that witch will hold off and not interupt your fun time!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 4:11 am - Madison, MS
Haha Thanks Heather! I feel funky at those times too and if she'll hold off until Tuesday that would be great!!  But, I'm a single mom so I have no one else to swim with my son. So, I gotta be game and be up for the fun.  :)

Sheri S.
on 5/14/09 4:20 am - Effingham, IL
I understand your concern. I just started using tampons on a regular basis about a year ago. It seems Ive developed an allergy to pads...I know TMI..LOL! Anyway, I didnt have much luck with most of the tampon brands, in fact I hated most of them. And in the process went through a lot of misery from rashes and such down there........Then I tried the Tampax Pearl. I wont use anything else now....seriously!!! I use them every single period for all flows, heavy to light! Sometimes I forget that I have the little suckers in for a good while...no pun inteded!! HAHA....I use the regular flow ones most of the time, and theyve rarely let me down. Sometimes I have underestimated the flow, but that was my fault for not changing sooner. I would just check every couple hours to make sure....until you know the feeling when it gets full.

Anyway, this is my adice to you from this very very picky chick! Good luck and have a wonderful time! If you need to ask any other delicate questions please feel free to ask, I  know how embarrassing it is, but sometimes you just gotta ask! ill try to help any way I can.

260 Highest recorded weight/223 Surgery day/ Personal goal 145/ Current 139...6 pounds below goal weight 

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 4:24 am - Madison, MS
Thanks Sheri!  Are there different flows with tampons, kinda like the pads? As you can probably tell, I'm clueless about them... lol
Sheri S.
on 5/14/09 5:07 am - Effingham, IL
Yes, I would reccommend getting a multipak. It has three different strenghts: light, medium, heavy. I dont usually use the heavy ones. theyre a bit too thick for me....but the medium and light ones are about perfect. I was clueless too. Once you get used to putting them in (I do it on the toilet, but there are other ways--they explain it to great detail on the directions), I cant hardly feel them. It makes that time of the month sooooo much more bearable now. If tampax ever stops making them, Im in serious trouble.....I hope this helps! The most important thing to remember is to relax while learning to use them, that was my most challenging part... Doctors tell me that Im kinda small in that area, so it makes things a little more challenging...I know TMI.

260 Highest recorded weight/223 Surgery day/ Personal goal 145/ Current 139...6 pounds below goal weight 

biggeekgirl
on 5/14/09 4:45 am

Before I lost weight I used to love to swim every chance I got and I never let my period stop me!

(Now after weight loss I'm way too cold enjoy swimming most of the time!  What a shame!)

Even with a really heavy flow I would use OB Tampons.... you don't have an applicator with most OB tampons, but I'm not squimish and they are more comfortable to me than any other brand.

I put a fresh one in before swimming and change right afterwards (they do get soggy!). 

Just make sure you tuck in the string!  (I've seen women with strings hanging out of their suits!)

Enjoy your vacation !!!!!!!!!

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 4:51 am - Madison, MS
OMG!  That'll be my luck to have a dern string hangin out of my butt. LOL  Thanks for the tidbit of info Cindy!!  hehehehe
Bookworm5648
on 5/14/09 4:46 am - Manassas Park, VA
I use Tampax tampons, but whichever tampons you do buy don't get the cardboard applicators, get the plastic ones.  They will 'slide' in much easier.  And if you have never used tampons before, just RELAX when you insert them, it will go in much easier.  If you feel it after inserting it, it isn't in far enough or correctly so try again. 

Using tampons when swimming is 100% OK.  I do is all the time during the summer.  I love being in the water too much to stay out while on my period.

Good luck and have fun at Disney.  I am jealous....I have never been! 

*Stacy*

preview image        preview image

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 5:32 am
I have to agree about the Tampax pearl.  They are great and very easy to use.  I would totally not miss swimming b/c of this.

Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views