Clomid Users

Julia23
on 5/14/09 4:12 am - UT
Tomorrow I will be starting my 3rd round of Clomid. The stupid friggen Dr that prescribed it for me, thier nurses get back to me about 3 days after I call. I am looking into going to another Dr but that doesn't help me now. On the first 2 rounds of Clomid I did 50mg's and Ovulated on both. So I called to ask them if I should stay at 50mg or move up to 100mg. A different Dr's office that I called said to probably stay at 50mg since it is helping me Ovulate. She said moving up to 100mg's might increase the chances of Multiples. What have your Dr's had you do, if you were in a simular situation as me?  Thanks!  Julia
Ann D.
on 5/14/09 4:24 am - Amelia, OH
Honestly?  I would move to Femara.  Clomid -- if it doesn't work in the first 2 or 3 tries, it probably won't.  Femara is easier on your cervical mucuous and many people have better luck with it.
Ann

Mom to Ean after 5 longs years of Infertility....2/29/12!

icon_angel.gif - 3/07                             icon_angel.gif - 12/07                             icon_angel.gif - 3/08 
icon_angel.gif - 5/09                             icon_angel.gif - 11/10                             icon_angel.gif - 2/11
Julia23
on 5/14/09 4:28 am, edited 5/14/09 4:36 am - UT

I am not seeing an RE or anything though. So wondering if I can ask them to switch me to Femara? I have heard that works good for women with PCOS. You know Ann, I have never had good EGCM, but guess that was because I never ovulated. Just lots of creamy thick stuff.  Anyway, guess if they ever freakin call me back I will ask them about it?

Ann D.
on 5/14/09 4:40 am - Amelia, OH
Increase your water intake in the week leading up to O.  Also, Evening Primrose Oil (EPO), baby carrots, and green tea have all been known to help out with amount of CM.  EPO pills are huge, just to warn you.

Some people will tell you Robitussin.  That will only thin the mucuous you already have.  The stuff above will actually give you more.
Hollywog
on 5/14/09 12:01 pm
Thanks for the info Ann.  I can order the EPO...and I have green tea...but will big (ie normal) carrots do?  I haven't seen any baby carrots in Indonesia...

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Julia23
on 5/14/09 1:30 pm - UT
Ann- I went and got some Green Tea and I am going to start drinking that tonight. I decided I will take another round of Clomid because I still have enough for 4 months of 50mg or 2 months for 100mg.  But I am seriously considering doing 100mg's this month.  Do you think that is a horrible idea even though I have O'ed on just 50mg?  I am torn, dont know what to do, and I need to start this cycle tomorrow night!!!!!!  Let me know your opinion
jackie j
on 5/14/09 6:24 am - Glenmoore, PA
One thing to add to Ann's posts.  The Clomid builds in your system, the Femara in and out of your system on a nearly monthly basis, so it is easier on your emotions.   That low a dose clomid might not be giving you raging emotions but over time it will.   (I was on doses 150 and 200.)  Doc said the same to me... 2 or 3 tries on either med is all you need to know whether or not to move to injectibles or IVF so you might ask for an RE and injectibles soon.   REs more freely use U/S for better timing and have way more experience at catheter placement during IUI than a regular doc.  I had 7 IUIs altogether over a 1.5 yr. period.  3 on clomid, 2 on Femara, 2 unmedicated, took a couple breaks for emotions along the way.  I had no probs Oing, seemingly even caught a couple, but couldn't finalize the implanting process. 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Julia23
on 5/14/09 6:30 am - UT
Yesterday was day 1 of AF for me, and I felt like my hormones were making me crazy. So I guess it is the clomid?  I am going to do this one last round then I am switching Dr's to see what this other one can do. Then maybe he will send me to RE? But insurance doesn't cover infertility, so guess we will see.
armywife12
on 5/14/09 9:34 am - IN
I agree with Ann. Good Luck.

Angie

stephanie24
on 5/14/09 12:28 pm - brooklyn, NY
hi there, this is my 3rd pregnancy as a result of clomid............

when i first started taking clomid i started on 50mg on days 5-9 on the 1st month i didnt ovulate

so the next month i went to 150mg and after 4 months in total, i got pregnant but miscarried at 7 weeks pregnant

one month later after my miscarriage i got pregnant again after 1 round of clomid, and had my daughter in 7-08

when my daughter was 3 months old my ob gave me the ok to try again, so after 5 months of trying, i got  pregnant and now i am 10 weeks pregnant with identical twins (un related to taking clomid)

but from what i have been told if u are ovulating on the 50mg there is no reason to move up

did u husband get checked, are you using a opk, we did and it helps

good luck ttc
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views