Thursday Accountability and the flu

Jennifer38
on 5/14/09 11:28 am
I am pretty sure this is the flu. First time I have been sick in about 6 years. The little ones are still sick too but they are just coughing occasionally.

Day 95, 5 days to go. I left to go walk and came right home. This isn't a race and a day off of exercise isn't going to make me gain 35 pounds back. I ache all over and my lungs hurt. I'm going to nurse Riley and take Nyquil. Hopefully he stays asleep because I don't think I can feed him with Nyquil in my system.

Breakfast was 1 egg, 2 white omelette with FF cheese and tomato

Lunch was a Smart One spaghetti.

Dinner was a grilled chicken breast and asparagus. I was so mad because I burned the asparagus and it was terrible. This meal by the way only has 147 calories and is really filling.

1/2 turkey sandwich
baked pretzels
2 diet hot cocoa
Fiber One pastry

Calories 1067, Carbs 129, Protein 88. I think these values are wrong but I am too sick to go back and check. I am going to eat a piece of toast with PB before I go to bed.

I hope you all have a great Friday. I really wanted this last week to be super but I really am too sick to do anything but sit around.
Hollywog
on 5/14/09 11:53 am
Hope the Nyquil helped and you're feeling a little better.  Doesn't do a thing for me but keep me awake and extremely restless all night...but I know most people swear by it.  Have some hot tea too.  If nothing else, it'll warm your insides and hydrate you some.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Jennifer38
on 5/14/09 10:53 pm
I forgot how awful I feel in the morning after Nyquil. I am not tired but my eyes feel like closing. I did sleep for 9 hours off and on so hopefully that will heal me faster. Right this moment I still feel awful.

Riley is in a great mood today so I think he is feeling better. For him it was that huge molar coming through that made him sick.

I will have some hot tea. I think I still have some vitamin c tea too. Great idea!!
Hollywog
on 5/15/09 1:37 am
Hope you're feeling better by now?  If you're not feeling at least some change in the next day or so...drag your @$$ to the dr just to make sure you don't need antibiotics.  I know you don't like to go...but you wouldn't 'not' take your kids if they needed it, and you shouldn't 'not' take you either...because the kids need you healthy.

It's good that at least Riley's feeling better.  It just makes it worse for your when they're sick too, because then you don't get to sneak in your own rest because of taking care of the kids.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Bridget P.
on 5/14/09 1:30 pm - Leechburg, PA
Sorry you're still not feeling well.  You are fine to take the nyquil.  It has a trace of alcohol in it... so when any neurological affects have worn off of you, you should be fine to nurse.  Honestly... the amount that MAY possibly be transferred into your BM probably wouldn't have that much of an affect on Riley,  I hope you feel better soon.

I am very very proud of my food for today.  I even resisted my MCDs sweet tea craving  TWICE!  LOL 

Breakfast - 1 cup simple harvest maple brown sugar w/ pecans oatmeal
                      1/2 banana, (a yogurt was on my meal plan... but I was full lol)

Snack - 3 pieces if turkey breast
               South beach drink Tide me over Tropical (yummy)

Lunch - 3oz lean roast beef, 1 slice of bread, FF mayo, mustard, 2 slices tomato, 1/2 a   cucumber w/ FF ranch

Snack - fiber one bar

Dinner - Lite ceasar salad, w/ london broil, tomatos and cucumbers
                Apple

Snack - small bowl of Fiber one Frosted mini wheats (SOOOO good... better than Kelloggs)

All this fiber and roughage has got me UBER gassey.  LOL

I also went to the gym this morning and did 20 mins on tread and 10 on the stairmaster.  I wanted to go shoot some hoops, but the 'silver sneakers' club was in there doing the senior yoga.  LOL

If you're sick you're sick.  You can't help it.. and you'll recoop a lot faster if you rest and don't over do it.

Hugs
B

Lilypie - (CD61)     Lilypie - (CEud)

Jennifer38
on 5/14/09 10:59 pm
WOW you did great!! Very healthy looking menu. One of those teas has 280 calories in it. You saved yourself almost 600 calories by avoiding it twice.

I hear you on the fiber. I don't think is keeps me regular at all, just gassy. The other day I had 42 grams and still didn't go.

Good luck today!!
Bridget P.
on 5/14/09 11:44 pm - Leechburg, PA
Yeah I still had my tea.. it was just sweetened with splenda. 

I was sooooo gassy last night at work.  One of those clench your butt cheeks together and don't walk so you don't fart around other people.  LOL  I went to the bathroom last night before bed twice and already went this morning again.  I hope that is all fat leaving my body.  LOL

I am having lunch with some friends... I am really going to try and eat right at lunch.  I did good at breakfast. 

Hope you're feeling better.

Lilypie - (CD61)     Lilypie - (CEud)

Tanja K.
on 5/14/09 2:09 pm - Grand Forks, ND

Sorry you're not feeling well!  Get your rest; that's the most important thing right now.  You can pick up the exercise when you feel better!

I started my 50 day count down until Joe comes home for his visit.  I am vowing to do some form of exercise for 30 minutes a day for the next 50 days (and hopefully get back into running); it's a start.  I want to lose at least 9 more pounds before he comes home.  The sad part is that will bring me very close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am still 2 sizes away from my pre-pregnancy pants size... ouch!!  I don't know what difference the 9 pounds will make - will have to see.  Oh well; it will all come with time.  I just finished up 31 minutes on the Wii Fit.

Take care of yourself!
Tanja

Lilypie - (ZxOp)      Photobucket · Awareness Ribbon ...     THYROID CANCER AWARENESS MAGNET
      Charlotte Grace - 01/09/08                              

Jennifer38
on 5/14/09 11:02 pm
I'm so glad to see you here. I am sure you can easily lose 9 pounds and go down a few pants sizes before he comes home. I seem to lose more inches when I am not losing pounds and vice versa. I thought that was an old wives tale but it does seem to be true.

I hope you have a great 50 days. It will fly by and you will have a great visit.
Pam Hart
on 5/14/09 5:10 pm - Easton, PA
Feel better SOON!!!!!!  And rest rest rest rest!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views