Praying to teh RX Gods

Liz R.
on 5/14/09 10:04 pm - Easton, PA
ALright so this morning (24/7) sickness is worse then any stomach bug I have ever had and OMG did it hit FAST! Yesterday morning I was just a bit queasy - by the time I got to work I was dry heaving and by lunch no food was my friend! I got a brief reprieve last night and got in a slice of pizza and it came back shortly thereafter - even woke me up twice last night! This morning I was throwing up trying to brush my teeth. I am going to call the OB this morning and ask for a perscription, I can't work like this - too distracting! I had 2 phenergan leftover from when I was so sick last time so I took 1/2 (knowing a whole one would put me into a lovely sound sleep! another not so good thing to do at work! lol) and felt better in about 20 minutes!

I am having trouble getting my fluids in or I wouldn't worry about it - I think that I barely hit 40oz yesterday and things aren't looking good today either, usually I have at least 40 ounces in before 8am on work days!!!  I don't want to get dehydrated.

Thanks for listening

Liz
Pam Hart
on 5/14/09 10:22 pm - Easton, PA
"better living through chemistry" is what we call it.

Hope you get what you need!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 5/14/09 10:38 pm - Easton, PA
Love it!

Thanks Pam :)
AshleyInTexas
on 5/14/09 10:40 pm - TX
I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Ash :)

RNY 8-6-2007 stats 5'3"  HW-240  SW-232  LW-127 GW-120  CW-135   
Plastics round #1 on 3-23-2011 BL/BA 575cc & 550cc Silicone under the muscle     
Married 9 yrs with 3 kids- Savannah 8, Skyler 2 & Bryder 1

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

biggeekgirl
on 5/14/09 10:44 pm

UGH.  I'm sorry you're going through this!

Hope you get your RX and it works!

I know going through these BH contractions makes trying to work miserable.  It's so hard to concerntrate when you feel like poopy! 

Good thing you're on top of things.

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

impulseisbeauty
on 5/14/09 10:53 pm - Westminster, MD
ZOFRAN!!! welcome to the puke club! It makes my life livable. Hope you get some relief. Watch for constipation and headaches... antimedics are worth it though.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Liz R.
on 5/14/09 10:57 pm - Easton, PA
should I take a pericolace everyday if that is what they put me on??

Thanks! Not sure that this is ever a club I wanted to join but the porcelian god and I are best friends (if this means a healthy pregnancy I'll deal with it for 8 months if I have to!!)
impulseisbeauty
on 5/14/09 11:21 pm - Westminster, MD
I take a stool softener as needed. Just don't forget to keep an eye on it. The Zofran has definately slowed me down, but my Dr said as long as I was going and not causing hemroids... that natural is best. Upping your water and fiber will help, but just keep an eye on it.

The Zofran is great b/c it comes in sublinguals so it can melt while your heaving and you don't have to hold it down. big perk!

Not a club I think anyone wants to be in, but the baby is of course worth it. They do say that it's caused by hormones and that having it bad is a good sign. good luck!

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Dev *.
on 5/14/09 11:14 pm - Austin, TX
Zofran is your friend!
I had a bit if constipation with it, so I recommend upping your fiber and water (or take a stool softeneer if you need to), but it will be SO worth it to not feel like hell!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Liz R.
on 5/14/09 11:21 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks! I left a message with the OB nurse about how I am feeling - we'll see if she gives me anything! The other OB nurse had also reccomended one of those sea sickness bands that you wear on your wrist - maybe I'll get that too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views