Help! orange bottles & nipples

Splenderella
on 5/16/09 5:19 am
UGH! I love my DH... but sometimes he just doesn't think. He did the dishes yesterday and put  Josiah's bottles in with a pan he used to make SPAGHETTI SAUCE! He "doesn't remember putting the bottles in with it"... really??? They were ALL in there.

Anyway - how do I get these clean? They look so dirty and it ****** me off everytime I look at them - 

I hope you all are enjoying your Saturday!

Hugs,
Erika
247/154/145/139  Highest/Current/Goal/Lowest

AnnS
on 5/16/09 5:45 am - Smyrna, GA
Oh I love you and am sure you are pissed....I am sorry though that you made me laugh....but I would be pissed too...ugh.....I see advertisements all of the time to use clorox on bottles but never felt it was right to do....wonder if that would help....but man would I do major rinse after rinse after rinse....dangit....what kind of bottles? Fortunately I was not prepared with bottles after Nathan was born so I had to go get some and just bought the playtex plastic ones that are like $3 for 3 and Nathan has used those ever since....so I have had to go buy more since I try to prep all of his bottles for the whole week on the weekends....guess I am so tired at night to do this....

Anyway, where I was going with that story.....is do you think you will have to go buy more? I don't think the spaghetti will harm J but the stain will bother you (and me if I were you)....maybe you can go look on the website of the bottle maker and see if there is any cleaning suggestions.....

BTW, what did you end up getting J for sippy cups....I got Nathan one and we tried it out today and he keeps wanting to hold it like his bottle....I am just doing water now are you doing juice at all?

BIG HUGS sister!!!!

preview image

Splenderella
on 5/16/09 6:19 am
I wouldn't be so pissed but this isn't the 1st time he has done it. But at least all my f-n bottles match - ORANGE!!!! I am not going to buy new bottles - I use Dr. Browns and they aren't cheap. I am going to search the internet and see what I can find.

I have never seen bottles that are $1.00!!! Where did you get them? Are they BPA free? 

I got the Playtex sippy cups. He just used it today and he did pretty well. We also gave him some Earth's Best puffs for him to eat. He can't quite get them from his fingers to his mouth but he likes to eat them when we feed them to him. We did some organic juice today and I added water to it but won't give it to him all the time.

What is Nathan eating & drinking now? What did the doctor say?

Hugs

247/154/145/139  Highest/Current/Goal/Lowest

AnnS
on 5/16/09 9:28 am - Smyrna, GA
oh man...dr browns are so expensive...again, i started out cheap and just have kept up with it...yes they are bpa free...they are the cheap plastic playtex bottles....but they work and Nathan likes them.....

I like Alexa's idea about the sun....that may work.....

I am going to post Nathan's 6 month update likely tomorrow after he goes and gets his pics taken....but dr said he can start doing solids (every doc is so different)...he told me to do it three times a day...i was doing it sporadically but only once a day....i warned daycare already and they are excited :) lol....he said to start on water and no juice yet...Nathan was getting a cold (still there but not as bad) and he heard him wheezing again :( he said he does not like that with every cold he is getting he starts to wheeze :( so I am keeping up on the breathing treatments....he did cry on his shots but the worse part was he shot up to a 104.9 fever at daycare...I freaked....but got him in a cold bath and more tylenol...went down to 101.5 in like 45 min...then to 99 and has been normal ever since....very scary....thank God no more shots until 1 year....and he weighed in at 18 lbs 12 oz.....27.5 inches...big boy :) I never realized how much you could love someone as much as I do until I met Nate and now being able to have our little man Nathan my love is so much for my guys....I LOVE BEING A MOMMY!!!! (hoping I won't be single mommy for too much longer...)

Sorry for the long response....

xoxo

preview image

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/09 9:40 am - Naples, ME
Cascade makes a "plastic cleaner" dish detergent.  Maybe that would help???  I am with Ann, it made me laugh when I read your post lol  Good luck!!
Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/16/09 6:07 am - Sacramento, CA
UGH! No advice- I would be so pissed and buying new ones! LOL!
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

Lexa321
on 5/16/09 6:43 am - weston, FL
i have to admit.. i did the same thing as your dh.. i washed them 75 thousand times.... still orange.. i gave up... try the bleach.. the recipe is on the web site... i dont know what else to do.. the dog is trying to steal jayson pizza crust and jayson keeps yelling at her... i guess i better break them up before the dog gets hurt LOL... let me know what works
amyc
on 5/16/09 6:48 am - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
Do you have a dishwasher (or a friend that would let you use theirs)?   I remember seeing a commercial for a dishwash detergent that was made specifically to get stains out of plastic.  I can't remember, but I think it might have been made by cascade. 
Amy

Mandy_
on 5/16/09 7:12 am - cincinnati, OH
I've used bleach before.  we once found a travel diaper bag with bottles in it under a seat in the car.  had been there a week or two and the bottles were pretty icky.  soaked them in a bleach water mix for a few hours and then sent them through the dishwasher a few times.  even heat dried them twice.  they were good as new.

I hope the stains go away.  mine were avent bottles.

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Lexa321
on 5/16/09 7:34 am - weston, FL

i found this

Tomato Stains on baby bottles

Feb 2002

Does anyone know how to restore nipples and other plastic/rubber bottle parts to their original color? I accidently washed the nipples in the dishwasher with a plate that had tomato-based food on it. The clear nipples turned light pink. Any suggestions are appreciated. alexis

If it's plastic, one thing that works for me with plastic tupperware-style containers is just to set it in direct sunlight for a few hours. Sounds crazy, but it works. It feels a little greasy afterwards, so I always wa**** but the stain fades surprisingly well. Karen
About the tomato stains - I get tomato stains out of clothes by washing normally and hanging them in the sun to dry (this works for baby poop stains, too). It might work on baby bottle nipples, too. Louise

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views