Arissa is here and home and happy(story and pic)

stwine
on 5/17/09 9:51 am - chespeake, VA

Well im here. We had a c-section on wed, suppose to have had it at 7:30 then 9:30 then 1:30 then we finally got in at 3:30pm, arissa was delivered at 3:50pm 5 lbs 11 oz. 19 1/4 inches. She had to be intubebated (the tube down the throat to resuscitate  her, she was not breathing the first 2-3 minutes. I was so scared!!! Well they got her breathing, took her to the NICU and continued to work on her. I was up in the wheel chair by 1:30 AM to go down to see her. She was hooked up to some breathing machines, made me cry, but i was happy she was okay, they stated she took on too much gunk in her lungs and it was thick they couldnt suction it out. Anyway the next day she was off the machine, just on oxygen and antibotics via IV. She wasnt fussy, but then they told me that she lost her voice due to them putting that thing in her throat. I on the other hand found out that im allergic to percocet. !!! welps and rash all over!!! GREAT!! Well by friday Arissa was eating and off her oxygen and no more antibotics, and ready to go home, however i wasnt, I was down the pain BREAST ENGORGMENT x's 3. I didnt pump on thursday and paid for it friday. So we had to have someone come down and help get my nipples inverted outwards and get my milk flowing. Well after all that we were ready to come home saturday, I was given a Band thing to go around my waist area to help with walking and being able to sit up streight. So to make a long story short. We are home happy and healthy,(except for my blood pressure). Baby Arissa is wonderful and Im so happy she is here. and I want to thank all of you for all your support 

Kimberly Z.
on 5/17/09 10:11 am - MACEDONIA, OH
Thanks for sharing yours and Arissa's birth story. It sounds like things were scary for a moment, but am glad to here that everything turned out okay. I love the pics. Thanks you so much for sharing! Hope you and Arissa get into a good routine at home.
hugs,
Kim
Highest /Surgery/Lowest/post preggo
268/242/143/198
Mom to Eli 11-15-2009 and Olivia 7-2-2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
SHANNYN B.
on 5/17/09 10:21 am
She looks so beautiful!! I am happy she is doing better. I hope you get some rest!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

amykic
on 5/17/09 10:23 am - spencer, MA
Congrats!!! Happy to hear that you and the baby are doing good and home. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lilypie - (yMzl) 
Lilypie - (G8Gh) Little Angel  8/14/09  ectopic

Liz R.
on 5/17/09 10:32 am - Easton, PA
I am so glad that you are both doing well despite some bumps in the road. She is gorgeous!!! Look at all that hair!

Congrats!

Liz
Hollywog
on 5/17/09 10:58 am
I'm glad you're home and all's well in the end.  How scary.  I've been wondering how you've been and prayed things went well.  She's beautiful...cute little fat cheeks and HAIR galore!  You did good...now enjoy her and get to feeling better yourself!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Cira S.
on 5/17/09 11:38 am - Charles Town , WV
Congratulations! 
I am so glad that Arissa is doing great after a rough start.  She is beautiful. Enjoy your precious little angel.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

armywife12
on 5/17/09 11:46 am - IN
Sooo glad you got throgh the scary parts. I would've been a nervous wreck. She is so beautiful...just about the same size as my Niko was when he was born. She has musician's fingers....ohhhhh-just look at her....my golly...just breathtaking. I'm so glad everything turned out okay. i was thinking about you when I was in the hospital on Wednesday---made me feel better.

Welcome to the world Little Miss Arissa! And Congrats Mama!

Angie

AnnS
on 5/17/09 12:20 pm - Smyrna, GA
CONGRATS.....I am glad you made it through all....you are one strong woman!!!!

She is gorgeous...I LOVE her hair and as Angie said her fingers are musicians.....so happy for you...I have been thinking about you.....

Hang in there mama!!!!

preview image

VintageQueen
on 5/17/09 12:22 pm - Thornton, CO
Congratulations - she is so beautiful and looks just perfect! Glad to hear you got through everything and are doing well.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views