seperation anxiety?

Lexa321
on 5/17/09 3:34 am - weston, FL
hello everyone... ive noticed that jayson seems to get very upset when i leave them room... even when i start to get ready for work.... its starting to take him 30 mins or so for him to calm down when i leave... i know he likes her because he smiles at her while im holding him... then when i pass him over he cries :(.... i just tell him bye and that mommy will come back later... even when he is with my mom... we went to sams today and i walked away to get someone for 12 seconds... he started looking for me and freaked out... anyways i can cut this out before it gets worse?... thanx!

alexa.. who now has to get ready for work with a crying child watching :(
Cira S.
on 5/17/09 6:24 am - Charles Town , WV

Hi Alexa,

I went through separation anxieety with my daughter she was 6 months old when she started and I was not leaving her with a baby sitter. I would leave her with Dad or older siblings and she was not having it.

It is noit easy and sometimes they just have to grow out of it.  How old is Jayson? How long ago did he start with this? Also you have to realize if it something you have to look into.

I hope and pray that it is just normal separation anxiety and if it is it will take a while to get over it just the prolong the leaving part. Just kiss him tell him you love him and leave to make it easy to adjust when you leave. 

I know it is not easy to leave a crying child.

(((hugs))))

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Lexa321
on 5/17/09 1:45 pm - weston, FL
hes 7 months old...i dont think anything bad is happening... i just think he wants mommy... she also has other kids there.. her own.. 4 and 2.. and they are very happy healthy kids... it just pulls at my little heart strings :)
Cira S.
on 5/23/09 1:42 pm - Charles Town , WV
Separation anxiety is never easy to deal with.  It did break my heart when my daughter had it.  Just remember to do the quick goodbyes it really helps him to stop crying sooner. 

Wishing you all the best.

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

AnnS
on 5/17/09 9:35 am - Smyrna, GA
Hey sweetie...

No advice since I am getting there myself...he is great at daycare so far it is here in the house....not totally bad....just occasionally and today taking pics he really just wanted to look at me so I had to be by photographer most of the time.....

Only advice I can think of is benadyrl....JUST KIDDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....a kiss, hug, quick goodbye....I am always learning from you so I will on this one too.....

xoxoxoxo,

Ann

preview image

Lexa321
on 5/17/09 1:47 pm - weston, FL
yeah benadryl for me... dont listen to me.. i have NO IDEA what im doing.. LOL.. i just make it up as i go... after all i did almost kick someones butt today... and it had nothing to do with my own child... a strangers 14 yoa.. ill save the story
WendieS
on 5/18/09 12:16 am - Birmingham, AL
Quade is going through this and it sucks!!! He does it at home with Daddy or relatives. He loves his daddy but he is especially mommy crazy lately. It gets sooooo frustrating. Especially when trying to do something like get ready, ugh. Drives me crazy!!!
wish I could help, I am hoping it will pass.

Quade born July 6!!!! 
easter09040-1.jpg picture by wendiesmi

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views