new to this forum

vickie1973
on 3/28/11 10:22 am - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
Hello I had the lap band done back in 2008. And now I have lingered to this forum becasue I am pregnant!! yea!!! I am 5 weeks and one day! Allis great just tired and nothing else. No weight gain yet. My doc says she wants only 15-25 pounds during the pregnancy. Wanted any type of advice from lap band mommies. So please share!Woohooo I'm pregnant!!!!

ajalew
on 3/28/11 11:46 am - Sanford, MI
I don't have the lap band with this pregnancy but had it with my first.  I had all my fill out though for my pregnancy due to other complications with the lap band prior to becoming pregnant.  I gained a TON because I craved carbs soo badly and all non-carb foods made me nauseous.  It was awful.  My best advice is don't give into your cravings and gain a bunch of weight like I did.  LOL  And make sure that you can eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, even if you have to have some fill removed to do so.   :)  Congrats on your pregnancy!
vickie1973
on 3/28/11 11:44 pm - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
Thnak you!! So far so good I can eat everything as of now. Next month who knows. I have a 10cc band it is at 4.5 right now.

chelle614
on 3/28/11 12:39 pm - Chester, NY
Congrats on your pregnancy and weight loss!

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

vickie1973
on 3/28/11 11:45 pm - Palm Beach Gardens , FL
congrats to you as well!! How are you feeling. I didn't look at your profilebut do you have the band too?

TraceyC
on 3/29/11 2:54 am - DFW, TX

Congrats!! 

My little guy is now 10 weeks old. I have a lap band too! I went until about 30 weeks without having any type of unfill but then I started having intestinal issues and had a complete unfill. I gained about 30lbs with the pregnancy that I need to get rid of. I do not have gestational diabetes but my son weighed 9lbs 9oz when he was born.  

I have an older band and back in the dark ages they used to make the tubing longer. The tubing is now in my abdomen and causing intestinal obstructions. I go tomorrow to have the tube shortened and my intestines repaired. This doesn't usually happen so PLEASE don't let it scare you.

Other than this fun episode I didn't have any problems and actually was glad I had it in place. Be dilligent on your calories, vitamins and liquids. Holler if I can help in any way!

Congrats again and good luck!
Tracey

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Kerri B.
on 3/29/11 4:13 am
RNYer here, but wanted to take the time to say Congrats and welcome!! This place is a great place to come for advice and info...there are a TON of helpful ladies here, so don't be a stranger or afraid to ask questions!! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views