Soooo stressed out! (Band related)

Braven05
on 11/9/11 10:55 pm - Syracuse, NY
I'm 11 weeks PP tomorrow...and about 3 weeks after giving birth my band all of a sudden tightened right up and I've been having trouble getting anything down including liquids...no matter what time of day it is.  I can't afford to travel to my old doctor's office (its 2 hours away) and I'm in the process of having my care transferred to a bariatric center here in my city...in the meantime, in addition to being so tight I can barely eat (took me two hours yesterday and some PBing to get down a piece of chicken), I'm having really bad heartburn/acid at night.  More often than not I wake up choking with acid shooting into my throat.  I'm sure I need an unfill but I'm in limbo right now and its stressing me out. I just want to cry...its been like this for 8 weeks almost.

Also, here are some pics of my little princess Avery :-D

342/325/237/150
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
4 fills/2 unfills - 4 cc in my 10 cc band
Sara S.
on 11/10/11 12:17 am
You need to get in ASAP!!!!!!!!! Your band may have slipped! It sounds like it did. When mine slipped I had the exact same symptoms!
  Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Braven05
on 11/10/11 1:22 am, edited 11/10/11 1:27 am - Syracuse, NY
I don't know how to get in to be seen.  Like I said, no money (or time off work for that matter) to go the 2 hours to my old office and can't get an answer from the new people on whether they are accepting me as a patient.

I've had a stretched stomach but never a slipped band...did you have pain when it slipped?
342/325/237/150
Sara S.
on 11/10/11 2:45 am
Head to the ER that handles your surgery... They will do an upper Gi and determine if it slipped...
I had horrible PAIN... if I wouldn't have gone in when I did... I would have been in a world of hurt... considering they couldn't even put an IV in me because I was so dehydrated.

For your daughters sack... she needs you. Go to be seen.
  Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Violet S.
on 11/10/11 2:20 am - NY
 Yikes, that sounds like it really sucks! :(  I am a patient of OMalley also (DS not band tho)... I wonder if you could call OMalley's office and explain your situation and they could refer you to anyone in the syracuse area for an emergency unfill? Good luck, hope this can get resolved quickly for you. Your baby is gorgeous, btw.... congrats!    -V
Braven05
on 11/10/11 4:37 am, edited 11/10/11 4:37 am - Syracuse, NY
Thanks!! :-D I just talked to Heather at O'Malley's office and she said they couldn't refer me, they don't have any contacts here to do that and her suggestion was what someone else suggested - go to the ER...its just a hard thing for me to do right now because I don't want to sit around in an ER for hours on end, especially not with a breastfeeding 11 week old.  I don't want to be away from her and I don't want her with me (and exposed to germs in the ER).  I am still trying to get the other office on the phone, they're really irritating me.
342/325/237/150
Dev *.
on 11/10/11 2:22 am - Austin, TX
YOu do need to be soon asap, don't let things get worse.
In the meantime, forget eating chicken and stick to liquids!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

jana_m_dowler
on 11/10/11 2:33 am - Rockport, WV

Your daughter is just beautiful! Great pics!

As far as your band, I started having acid coming up into my throat for a couple of weeks and just thought that it was what I was eating. I made an appointment with my band doctor and he took out half of a cc. It did the trick! He said my esophugus needed a break and that it was working to hard.  I have perfect restriction now and no pain at all.

I hope you can get relief. I know its a hassel to drive some distance. I drive 2 1/2 hours round trip. But it was worth it.

Good Luck

Braven05
on 11/10/11 4:40 am - Syracuse, NY
Not the hassel thats the problem - its the lack of money.  We're having a really tough time financially right now and I have no money for gas to make it to the appointment, plus to pay the co-pay.  It pretty much is a sucky situation.  I have the day off tomorrow which would be perfect, I could take my LO with me...but I also have an appointment to have a biopsy on a lump in my breast tomorrow.  Ugh.  This sucks.
342/325/237/150
tamiissunshine
on 11/10/11 9:56 am - Halsey, OR
I had to have my band unfilled in the hospital after having my C section. I couldn't keep liquids down. I suggest ER as well. If you can get someone to go with you and help with your baby, you can sit in an area where there aren't many people so she won't be as closely exposed to any germs. I had to go into the ER when my first was 2 weeks old and it freaked me out too, but she didn't get anything from it.

She's beautiful by the way.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views