Ugh! (TMI...Any advise would be great!)

imnotknitting
on 12/5/11 1:29 am
Hi All,

With my last pregnancy around this same exact time (I am 25 weeks), I had really bad constipation. Well, I have been taking steps to make sure that doesn't happen this pregnancy (stool softeners, dulcolax suppositories etc...). Well, it's happening anyway. What I forgot about my last pregnancy was the severe pain I had after almost every meal. It's definitely gas pain. GasX isn't helping, and since I am bound up it's not coming out that way. I am seriously telling you that this pain is as bad as labor. And it's happening so often that it's getting exhausting. My newlay added complication is a giant painful hemmroid courtesy of giving birth to my daughter. I have had it since I gave birt, but it hasn't hurt until now. Now it makes me not want to even try to go to the bathroom. OK, sorry for the TMI, but I figured you ladies would have some advise for me. I just started using preparation H yesterday and it seems to help. I also am using Witch Hazel pads. I take stool softener and use a suppository almost every day. The only thing that ends up taking the pain away is taking a hot shower (or using a heating pad on my back if I am at work).

OK, please advise (0:
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
MusicMaryn
on 12/5/11 1:46 am - San Jose, CA
So sorry sweetie.  How's ur water and fiber intake?  If low, try increasing both.  Sorry i'm not much help.  But I can certainly send u a virtual
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

IamMrsMcDole
on 12/5/11 1:48 am - Anderson, IN
I remember last baby you ended up in the ER. I had a little constipation but nothing horrible. As far as hemmriods my first gave me one at birth too. There is a prescribed cream you can get from your OB. I used tucks pads and witch hazel after both my babies. And there was these pads they have me with Reese that had a oil on them but can't remember what it was and they were frozen hopefully someone will chime in with what the oil was. It felt amazing. Do you have a sitz bath? That also feels amazing to hemmriods and after you have baby for swelling. Have you tried milk of magnesia? Other than that push water. Sorry you are going through this again.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

victoria3
on 12/5/11 2:47 am - Douglassville, PA
My suggestion- see a gastroenterologist, he/she will be able to help with the constipation and the hemorroids.

Dev *.
on 12/5/11 2:56 am - Austin, TX
I was given proctofoam for a really bad hemmorrhoid once and it worked WONDERS. My understanding is that it is safe during pregnancy. To get things going again, you can use some milk of magnesia, especially if you find the MOM with mineral oil, it helps things slide past the hemmorrhoid with less discomfort.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

kwinkleman
on 12/5/11 3:46 am - FL
I am so sorry you are going through this.  I am only 9 weeks and I can testify that the gas/bloating pains are major.  I layed on the couch and just cried the other night it was so bad.  No movement, just pain.  I am taking Maalox liquid, Gas-X chewables, beano, and activated charcoal.  Just to make it through the day.  Water intake is super important.  I also drink apple juice which is suppose to move things along.  I read online that laying on your left side will help things pass, as well as stomach massage.  I get the pain and bloating after every meal.  I popped into my doctors office today and asked them to call me in something.  I will let you know if there is anything prescription wise that they suggest.

Good luck
Hollywog
on 12/5/11 4:03 am
In addition to increasing your water - and try drinking some prune juice too! - do a lot of walking...movement helps with...well...movement, if you know what I mean.  The gas kind and the non-gassy kind. Also, regarding gas, for myself, even though I'm not pg...when I lay on my left side, I put a small pillow under my ribs at my waist level and rock a little back and forth...the pressure seems to pu**** through when it doesn't want to come on its own.  Give that a try.  If you have to, put a small pillow - or stuff the edge of the blanket - under your belly so you can lay on your side.  I don't know why, but laying on my left side helps...my right side does nothing.  Do you leave the 'tucks' or witch hazel pads tucked between your buns, on the hemoroid?  Not just wipe with it, but leave it there?  If you don't - try that and see if it helps.  Just change it every time you go to the bathroom.

Hope you get some relief & feel better.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

imnotknitting
on 12/5/11 8:55 pm
Thanks All! There are some really good suggestions here! I have my monthly OB appointment today so I will definitely talk to her about the hemmroid issue and the pain. Yesterday was a glorious day because I didn't have one single episode.

As far as water, I dring at least 60 oz a day (if not more). Sometimes on the weekends it's less because it's just easier to do at work. And the fiber is a touchy issue. Fibery food gives me the really painful gas, so I am trying to eat it, but it scares me to eat it even if it will help me in the long run.

Thank you all for your advise! I really appreciate it. Hopefully the doc will have some suggestions too.

T
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
linda.traxler
on 12/6/11 1:30 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Hope doc gives you some good suggestions.  Holly mentioned leaving the Tucs pad between your butocks on the hemorrhoid.... that really does help... and use a cream as well. 
Hope the constipation gets better soon too.  Are you walking regularly??  Activity also helps with constipation.

Feel better!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views