He's here!!!

mandajolyn
on 2/26/12 8:30 am - Tallahassee, FL
It's been a crazy week! Tuesday I went to my OB appointment for my 39 weeks and because of my issues they were going to plan induction Thursday or Friday but after my appointment with the high risk Dr. an ultrasound showed another drop in amniotic fluid and he wanted me delivered ASAP so back to my OB I went and was admitted for induction that night.
They started Cervidil around 7:30 and 12  hours later took it out. THE second she broke my water I went into hard, brutal labor! OMG, the contractions were back to back and almost no time between! The nurse said she hasn't seen them that intense in a while! They were quick to get an epidural in and got me comfortable....THANK GOD!!!!
I progressed pretty quick, thay had pitocin going in small amounts to keep labor from slowing down. When I started the initial pushing they noticed his HB dropping and it would drop if I was in a certain position which worried me. They wanted to pace the pushing so he wasn't in distress. Once I got the hang of the whole push, breath thing and felt his head I was determined, lol
John Lewis was born at 4:16pm on 2/22/2012, weighing 6lbs 9oz and 19 1/2in long and a full head of hair!! The cord had gotten wrapped around his neck as he was coming down but he was delivered safely with no issues!! I tore a little needing a single stich.
Thursday the nurse noticed some aggitation and gitteriness so they had the pediatrician and neonatolist examine him and do some tests. They weren't sure but thought maybe because of the meds I had to take while pregnant he was having some withdrawl. I wanted to breastfeed but he wasn't latching right and what he was getting was making him a little irritable. They came to me Thursday night and advised I pump and suppliment with formula while they determine if it was what they were thinking. Tests came back that he was reacting to what I needed to take so they advised I don't breastfeed. They said because I had been on the meds for years my system had built up a level of them. Once we started straight formula he responded VERY well and was calmer and much more content! They kept us an extra day just to be sure he didn't have any delayed reactions. He never needed any assistance, they just wanted to be sure his system was clear and he was doing well, feeding and sleeping well.
Because I need to be on medication to manage my medical issues and keep me functioning, I have to do what's best so that I'm able to take care of him!!
We got home last night and he's doing great! Eating and pooping like a champ!!
My system is a bit shocked and I'm in a lot of pain and my insides hurt from everything settling and adjusting! 
Overall is was a good experience and I'd do it again....in a few years! 

"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

hockeybabe2u
on 2/26/12 9:45 am - Allegan, MI
Sooo Cute! Glad things went well for you!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

RachelRN
on 2/26/12 9:59 am - Noblesville, IN
Congrats!
deborah N.
on 2/26/12 10:04 am - Bellmore, NY
Aww!! So glad all worked out ok!! He's sooo precious! You all look great! Many congratulations!!
linda.traxler
on 2/26/12 3:44 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Warmest congratulations to you!!!!  What a beautiful little boy!!  I'm glad things went so well!! 

Very best wishes to you and your family!

soldiersxbabygirl
on 2/26/12 9:48 pm - Cibolo, TX
He's absolutely precious ~ So happy for you and your hubby on the new addition!  Congrats again!!

~*Renae*~ Open RNY 8/3/04 **  (rockmyskinnyjeans on MFP)
Post-op Mommy x 2 (Krysten 12/1/05 Tyson 10/3/08) 334/303/136/135

Friend me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/airmansxprincess

windowsdown
on 2/26/12 10:50 pm
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Aaawww he is so cute! Love the last pic of the happy family. Congrats
ochikezie
on 2/27/12 12:00 am - Essex, MD
tamiissunshine
on 2/27/12 12:55 am - Halsey, OR
He's adorable! Congrats!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Paula622
on 2/27/12 3:07 am
Congrats!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?