Hi! I am new!

determineddanni
on 12/9/12 10:04 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking for awhile and love reading the posts here. I am a year post op from my DS. I am at goal and want to start trying to have kids in about 5 months. I stopped my depo shot and will be having my annual exam in a month or two. My concern is whether to have the baby c-section or vaginally? I just don't know. :( Hopefully the depo will fade out after 3-6 months of not using it. sometimes i hear it takes a year, then others get pregnant right away.

it is scary going to be a first time mommy and having a wls with high malabsorption while pregnant too. on top of that i have pcos (a lot less reduced though) and hashimoto's disease. so lots of things to juggle. i have 3 great docs! my gyno, my endo and my pcp:) i love them! so i just gave a bit about myself and hello again!

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Could_It_Be
on 12/9/12 10:34 pm

Why would you choose a C-section?

VSG on 6/22/11
determineddanni
on 12/9/12 10:42 pm

My mother's and fathers's side run's with a lot of complications with vaginal births. None have been able to deliver and had to have c-sections. I don't have very good luck running my way in that department and also since all my doctors are an hour and a half away (i live in MT, very spread out) I would like a more set date due to these complications :(

My doctor and I will be discussing my options and what will work best for me. I will take her judgment. I don't want more abdominal surgeries because its a pain in the ass and also because I don't want more scar tissue or higher chance of bowl obstruction. I can't say at this point which will work for me but I am hopeful whichever way it goes:)

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

Could_It_Be
on 12/10/12 12:56 am

AAgh, make sense...just do your research!

Congrats on the little one! :)

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views