1 week post op, PCOS.. NOT TTC-- just have questions

DeDication
on 3/9/14 10:20 am

Hey everyone, I had RNY 3.03.14. I just have a few questions, maybe some of my OH folks can help with? :-)

I have PCOS, I was diagnosed around age 8 with syndrome X (metabolic syndrome) I had a few cycles around age 13-14 and maybe 3-4 times on and off until age 21 when I started getting them on my own and it was pretty consistent then they started coming twice a month or every other month or three times a month and now I can't really tell.   I have read so many success stories of women getting pregnant after WLS. I am curious if any one out there has had a similar case of PCOS and irregular periods like me ? Did everything change and improve for the better afterwards? Normal cycles? ( I don't even know what that is like ) Did you get pregnant? 

Just looking for some clarity :-)

Thanks in advance everyone for any help!

byoungatheart
on 3/16/14 7:57 am - Seattle, WA
VSG on 04/02/12 with

Hi There - I was never formally diagnosed with pcos - but I had many of the symptoms and couldn't conceive in my thirties when I was married and trying.  I had very irregular or no periods for years.  After wls 20 months ago, at age 42 - surprise!  I am now 18 weeks along.  I had not paid attention to my cycles my whole life so when I missed one - it was my boyfriend who brought up pregnancy.  I thought I was going through the change. So yes for me it made my cycles very regular and poof without trying I got pregnant - very surprised but happy!

Starting weight 289, Pre-Op 274, Month 1: 252, Month 20 - 173  -   find me on myfitnesspal: newme1875

cthompson580
on 3/17/14 4:08 am
VSG on 06/14/12

I have pcos and had very irregular cycles before weight loss surgery.  I did however conceive  3 times before i had surgery.  It was only when I was able to lose some weight.  Before my surgery my periods were 100 + days apart and my pcos symptoms had greatly progressed.  I had became borderline diabetic as well.    Two days after surgery I started my period and as I lost weight my periods started getting more regular every month.  I am 20 months out from surgery and have regular periods every 30 days for probably 14months.  I am now 6 weeks pregnant after trying to conceive for 1 month.  We were in total shock after it took over 4 years to conceive our first child.  I did an ovulation test and got a positive ov test and it worked the first time.  The only part of pcos that i still experience is some hair growth on my chin.  So, i'd say your chances are pretty good for things to improve :)

Leaky Sleeve Survivor!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views