Pregnancy update

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/14 8:15 pm

Hi ladies! I am currently 24weeks pregnant with my first post op baby (3yrpost RNY) :) The pregnancy has been going pretty good :) We had our anatomy ultrasound 3 weeks ago and our son looked great! I will be having another ultrasound in 2wks time due to measuring 3weeks ahead at my apt on Friday. The biggest issue I have had is weight gain. I have gained a total of 24lbs thus far according to their scale, but its more like 28 on my scale!!!!! Its crazy!!!!!!!! I am not pigging out (a lot) on sweets or crappy food but the weight gain is SCARY! I am paranoid to step foot on the scale bc it shoots up 2-3lbs every single time. Pregrenancy I ranged from 144-148 and I am now tottering in at 174 :( Its an awful feeling, feeling like I have lost all that I worked soo hard for. Our son is #1 and I know I can go crazy and try to shed this massive weight gain after the baby. I am hoping I don't gain too much more.... my body is really getting tired of the added weight. During my next apt I will also be doing the horrid 50g glucola drink. My OB isn't accepting other methods of testing and in my current situation I am just going to have to deal with it. He claims he has had other wls pts drink it and do fine though the effects may not be too pleasant. I am at high risk for GD and with the massive weight gain and measuring ahead I want to make sure I do everything in my power to keep our son healthy and baking til its his time. I will update after the apt on the 20th. Please send me good vibes, prayers, ect as I really am dreading the test. Best wishes to everyone!

Paula622
on 6/15/14 4:13 am

Good luck with the glucose test!  You may feel like death afterwards, but it shouldn't last too long, and  hopefully you won't have to go back for the 3 hour test.  As for the weight gain, it can be a real mind game.  My first two pregnancies I only gained about 20 lbs (one pre wls and one post op) and I lost it all right away.  I just had my third baby in march and this time I gained 30 lbs.  I now have about 13 lbs hanging around above the weight I had been maintaining at... it sucks.  I'm really struggling with the feelings of failure, like I ruined what I worked so hard for.  When I buckle down with my diet,Ii lose weight.., but that is really hard to do with three little ones to take care of.  I just need to get my act together because right now I feel so lousy about my body.  Anyway, just know that the mental part of this is hard for all of us, hang in there! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Bratlyn98
on 7/19/14 12:19 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12

Ack! That's what I'm worried about! The weight coming on! So far 16 weeks into pregnancy I've gained  5lbs and hatting myself for it! Mine said they do the GTT now with jelly beans! Everything I've read stated that we are at LOWER risk for GD with RNY. 

Good luck! How did it go?

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views