ack! Pregnant 16 months after RNY

Bratlyn98
on 7/19/14 12:12 am, edited 7/23/14 1:53 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12

So, come to find out I'm pregnant! Wasn't in the cards and BCP made my sex drive NON existant! So I took myself off the nuvaring. NOW i am expecting and due Dec 2014! which will be 2 years after RNY. 

My doc definitely said no GTT for me and has marked my chart as high risk. Either because of RNY or the Fibromyalgia not sure yet.

Anyone have a healthy pregnancy and any complications?

Brandi

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

emmalyn
on 7/21/14 5:14 am

Hello and congratulations! I am Due March 2015. I am 11 months out and this was not a planned pregnancy. I was and still am a little scared and nervous about the whole thing. I myself haven't been pregnant in 11 years and this will be my first baby after RNY. I will see my surgeon next month and have my first official OB appointment the first week of August. Good luck. 

Bratlyn98
on 7/21/14 8:53 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12

Wow congrats!!! I have not consulted my physician regarding my pregnancy as he was an Aśš after my surgery. 

From what I have read we have healthy pregnancies and more so than when we were over weight. Just continue to take vitamins so I been told. At least research says. 

When  do you make an appt with your OB?

emmalyn
on 7/21/14 9:24 am

I see my ob when I am 8 weeks. I think thats the normal for everyone. They do all the blood work and I am pretty sure thats when you get your first ultra sound. I am so excited! 

Bratlyn98
on 7/23/14 1:54 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12

See, i wasn't sure of my Last cycle... so they got me in early to see and date the pregnancy. SO... i got an U/S at 6 weeks! GOOD LUCK! Not too much longer now!

elmop77
on 7/26/14 12:01 pm

Hello ladies I was wondering if you could tell me a good prenatal to take. I currently am  16 months post op as well and am 4 weeks pregnant. I am taking 2 centrum chewables now but not sure about what to do. Thank you

Holly

effyx1
on 7/27/14 3:12 pm - Saginaw, MI

I am 38 weeks pregnant and almost 3 years out from RNY. I have had very few complications and a pretty easy pregnancy in my opinion. At 30 weeks I had to start seeing a MFM (maternal fetal medicine/high risk OB) because my baby fell under the 10th percentile. Other than being small, everything else seems normal and healthy with baby.

MFM can find no reason for baby being small but suspects a placental problem (which would exist with or without RNY). I, however, think baby may be small because of some bouts of reactive hypoglycemia. Truly though, my pregnancy has been great so far. No morning sickness, no swelling, no high blood pressure.  I was able to stay active and running up until 32 weeks when the MFM wanted me to stop. 

Keep your protein up. Continue all your vitamins. I stayed on my same regimine and added in extra folic acid. 

HW:306; Pre-op:288; SW:274; CW:131; GW:138

Bratlyn98
on 7/28/14 1:15 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12

Thanks for replying. How did you handle the diabetes drink if at all? 

I also am just getting a little nauseated but other than that no other issues. Migraines but had those with last pregnancy too but was 7 years ago! 

Luckily my doc is already MFM-high risk and has already labeled me that without my knowledge actually! I was asked why I was high risk. I told them it could of been a number of reasons lol

thanks for the insight! I definitely don't keep up with vitamins very well :( but only thing low was b-12 and I take shots for that at the moment. 

Good of luck with delivery!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views