Morning Sickness help!!

mdouglas6507
on 8/28/14 12:49 pm - TX
VSG on 06/26/12

Hi Guys!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant (3rd pregnancy) and 2 year post op VSG. I hit my goal and maintained for the last year. I had morning sickness with my 2 boys but nowhere near nothing like this! I can eat and everything stays down but then I dry heave like crazy. I've been popping Zofran 8mg every 4 hours and Phenergan 12.5mg at bedtime. I'm still sick all the time!!!! Is this the new normal? I'm miserable! Help! 

sarahpreston
on 9/12/14 7:10 am - Lenexa, KS
Revision on 05/10/16

Yes. In my experience, it is the new normal. I'm 4 years post-op RNY and currently 17 weeks pregnant with my third baby. My two boys were both born prior to my RNY and while I had morning sickness, it was NOTHING like this time around.  It may be that the HCG levels are higher and I'm having a girl (don't know yet), but I also can't help but think that the surgery played a role as well. I was terribly sick from 6 weeks on and took Zofran nonstop through week 14. In the past few weeks, it has gotten A LOT better though.  I'm down to only taking Zofran as needed, which is now just a few times each week.  Morning (aka all-the-time) sickness is terrible. Going through it, it seemed like it will never end, but for me, it did get better at 14 weeks and continues to improve. Hopefully you will feel better soon!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views