I think, I'm Pregnant?

slvrlips
on 9/14/14 10:39 pm - washington, DC

Hello all,

Wow it has been ages since I last graced these pages. I'll update my profile soon with pictures, etc. I'm 5 years post-op. I've lost 220 pounds, 35 years old and just took two pregnancy tests EPT & Clearblue and they both read "Pregnant". I have requested a doctors appointment to confirm if this is true but wanted to ask if taking prenatal daily vitamins could alter the results in any way? My fiance is extremely excited but, I on the other hand is a nervous wreck. I'm having slight anxiety about this as I've worked hard to loose this weight and fear that I may gain it all back or even worse have complications. Right now I can't eat much of anything due to nerves but, just need assurance that if I am in fact preggers that all will be well. Are there any other 35+ ladies pregnant? If so, how are things going for you?
Thanks in advance,

emmalyn
on 9/16/14 2:55 am

I am 31 years old, 13 months post OP, down 164lbs and I am 13 weeks pregnant.  The pregnancy test pick up HCG, the pregnancy hormone! Prenatal vitamins will not cause you to have a false positive, sounds like you are pregnant! congrats! As far as eating and the fear of gaining weight, I have that too. I have continued to eat small meals and lose weight, I am not at goal so this is OK with my doctors, they have assured me my baby will be fine. Keep taking your prenatal vitamins along with anything else you take daily. Best of luck to you!

civilmomma
on 9/17/14 7:25 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Those tests are just as accurate as a doctor's pee stick.  You are Pregnant!  Congrats!

Make sure you are getting at least 1000mg of Folic Acid in each day!  It is good that you were already on a prenatal.

You should have your vitamin levels all checked now in 1st trimester, again in 2nd trimester, and in 3rd trimester too.  Adjust supplements as necessary based on those results.

Your doc may have you do growth ultrasounds every month in the 3rd trimester to make sure baby is growing well and healthy in there.

According to my WLS clinic's guidelines for pregnant after WLS - weight gain should roughly follow the guidelines for "normal" women.  Always remember that a lot of the weight you gain at the end is directly related to baby's growth and your fluid retention...at least 10 pounds will be gone once you drop the water weight after delivery.

Being 35 automatically puts you in a special age category - but if you are otherwise healthy - your age shouldn't matter too much.  You might have a few extra appointments to do - and you will have options on any genetic screening you want to do (NT scan, sequential screening, Materni 21 test).

Good Luck!!!

I am 32yo, 6 months post op VSG, and about 9weeks along with my 3rd. 

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

slvrlips
on 10/20/14 10:52 pm - washington, DC

Thanks sooo much for all these helpful tips etc. I am in fact preggers 17 weeks yesterday and I have up my vitamins according to doctors request. Still not eating as much AS i think I should and also no baby bump lol

Thanks again :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views