Making plans to get preggo

Blithe1212
on 11/2/14 5:52 am
VSG on 03/05/14

I am about 8 months post op..my obgyn had me discontinue my depo shot (6month before I start trying). My surgeons plan is to wait 12-18 months after vsg. So I am right on track. I just got off zoft, holly withdrawals and now the depo is leaving me very hormonal. I am hoping I can get pregnant. I tried for three years to have my son(morbidly obese during that pregnancy). I have endometriosis, which was removed once and I was full of it.  I know it's going to be tough for me, emotionally. The physical stuff I can handle, mostly. I really don't want to wait past 35 to get pregnant. Every single woman has had to have a hysterectomy before they turned thirty. I get so worried about that. Cross your fingers that in 6 months I can get pregnant. Thank you! 

I am about 5 lbs away from my doctors goal weight for me. Yea! I am pretty happy where I am right now. And god bless my husband. I have support and unconditional love from him and my son. I have really horrible saggy skin on my thighs and a giant flappy belly. He still thinks I am sexy! Anyway..just wanted to talk..thanks. 

civilmomma
on 11/3/14 11:02 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

Good For you!

Since you are planning this adventure - you have time to make sure you are in tip-top shape for a pregnancy. 

Take your vitamins - add in 1200mg of FOLIC ACID - that is super important to have on-board when you get pregnant b/c the early stages of baby development rely on folic acid for neural tube health.

You should be getting periodic vitamin level bloodwork too - make sure you do that before pregnancy to be sure you aren't deficient in anything.

If your WLS and OB docs are supportive of your timeline - go for it!  Good Luck!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Blithe1212
on 11/3/14 11:05 pm
VSG on 03/05/14

Thank you! I just started folic acid last week. Only 400 so maybe I will bump that up. I will ask my doc at my apt next week and request blood work.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views