Pregnant and nervous

4ourkids
on 1/28/15 10:24 am
with

I am 5 months post sleeve, my mom just passed away in the beginning of January and I just found out I am pregnant. This being said this is my 8th pregnancy will be my 4th child. I also have PCOS. We go to doctor on Monday however already had my blood drawn and all is good just need to add some vitamin D with my prenatal. Having a hard time eating because I seem to have for the first time morning sickness that causes me to vomit. Any advice or words of wisdom to help keep food down. I know I need to up my protein and I can't tolerate protein powders, I am going to try the GNC shakes again and pray I can tolerate them. 

civilmomma
on 1/28/15 11:35 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I'm so sorry about losing your mom.

I got pregnant at 5m post sleeve.  I am 28w along now.

So far everything is going well.

Ask your doctor for Zofran for the morning sickness.  I took that all the way into the 20+ weeks for my all-day nausea.

I have been able to up my protein to 70+g a day and I also upped my calories to about 1500 a day.  I lost 100, got pregnant, lost 20 more in 1st trimester, have gained back about 10 of that so far.  I am on track to deliver near the weight I was when I got pregnant. 

My docs did a full vitamin panel on me in 1st tri to make sure I had everything in needed.

Take EXTRA folic acid!  Prenatals don't have enough on their own.

Also - you can do the NT scan and AFP screenings at 12w and 16w to make sure baby is healthy.  Low folic acid stores can cause spinal column issues...I did these 2 tests for piece of mind and to have more information.  My baby is just fine.

At my anatomy scan at 19w, the baby was right on track.

I will have a growth ultrasound in the 30s to make sure everything is still growing well in there.

Good Luck!  Pregnancy after sleeve may stall your weight loss but thankfully it is easier for us to maintain nutrition levels b/c we don't have the malabsorption issues.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views