24 weeks pregnant/life update

Celia S.
on 4/30/15 2:02 am - Grand Junction, CO

Hi, ladies!

I haven't been very active in here with this pregnancy, but I figured I would drop in and give an update. I am now 24 weeks pregnant with baby #4 (3rd post-op). Still dealing with nausea. Not constant, but still a pain in the rump. Still exhausted, but I don't necessarily blame that on the pregnancy. I'm thinking going to school and still taking care of my other kids (ages 6, 2 and 1) are the main reasons for exhaustion. lol I'm so ready for this semester to be over. I won't be taking classes next semester since I will be having a baby right around the time classes start. I will be having a repeat csection. After talking with my doctor and weighing the risks of having a VBAC vs. my personal wishes, I'm more comfortable with the csection. Doctor assures me, too, that since we know what went wrong last time (I had the most HORRIFIC nausea during the procedure) we can take steps to keep it from happening this time.

In other life news, I am now a divorcee AND remarried! My divorce was finalized on March 13th and my "new" guy and I tied the knot on March 17th. Things are stressful right now as he's looking for work, but aside from the stress (and hormones that exaggerate EVERYTHING) I couldn't be happier.

We don't know baby's gender (yet). We had an ultrasound on March 25th but baby was super active and super stubborn when the u/s tech could get in the right position. It is driving me nuts not knowing if we are having a boy or a girl, but we will hopefully get another shot at finding out really soon. They couldn't get all the pictures they NEEDED to get at the first anatomy scan so we will have to go back. My OB said at my last appointment that we will schedule the repeat u/s at the upcoming appointment on May 7th. Fingers crossed that baby is more cooperative this time around!

That's pretty much all I've got for now. I'm going to *try* to be more active in here, but we'll see how that actually pans out lol

Zee Starrlite
on 6/19/15 10:51 am

Hey how are you?  Time is flying and this update is almost 2 months old.   Hope you and you family are doing well and that the pregnancy is progressing well.

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Celia S.
on 6/26/15 4:47 pm - Grand Junction, CO

Hi!

I'm doing good. The summer heat is KILLER when you're 8 months pregnant but I'm surviving. LOL Nausea still hits me every now and then but it's quieted down a lot from my last update! We found out in May that our little one is a BOY! Woo Hoo! I have decided to have my tubes tied at the same time as I have my cesarean. The kids are doing well and hubby and I are getting along great. No complaints here (other than the heat, of course...and starting to reach that point of 'I'm done' in the pregnancy haha).

Thanks for asking!

Celia

Zee Starrlite
on 6/30/15 2:14 pm

Awww, sorry about the heat.  So glad you are doing so well Celia.

Take good care,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Paula622
on 7/13/15 12:18 pm

Congratulations!  Glad to see all the happy news (and a new screen name?)!  I actually just found out that I'm expecting #4 as well.  Crazy! 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views