Skin and Showing

AppyGrl
on 6/25/15 4:35 am
VSG on 01/23/13

So I have a pretty vain question for anyone who has had a child post WLS. When did you honestly start showing? 

Background info: I am 35 yrs old and 2.5 years post VSG. Highest Weight 265 Lowest Weight 130  Bounced back to very comfy 145-150 range. Like many my weight was in my belly and thighs. With all this I can say that I have a reasonable amount of belly skin. 

Present Day: I am 18 weeks pregnant with a very active little one. I have been feeling her since 14 weeks. I can see that I am pregnant but others can not. My skin is still a bit floppy around my abdomen and right now I am just curious about others experience. 

I remind you that I know this is a vain question and I know I just need to be patient. Just curious if others have experienced this. Honestly if I didn't have a slight waddle others wouldn't know.

Thanks in advance

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/30/15 11:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Before getting pregnant, I was 147lb (5'5") and a size 2/4. No panni, but a poofy tummy.

I noticed a definite "pop" at 17 weeks. It wasn't THAT much bigger than my stomach, which has been super comfy in the stretchy-high-waist preggo pants, but people definitely started to notice. I noticed the baby kicking a few days later.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Allison L.
on 7/11/15 4:15 pm - Berkeley, CA

Like you, I definitely have some belly skin. I started showing at 4 1/2 months, when I found myself glancing at a storefront and reflected back at me was a PREGNANT WOMAN! I wonder if I'd started showing a little earlier, actually, and if it was camouflaged by the skin itself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views