? For those who were Pregnant before 1 year post op

tshine01
on 8/3/15 6:27 am

Hello, I was wondering for those who got pregnant before 1 year post op what things did you face being that we are post op WLS surgery, what were your struggles? I am 7 months post op and I’m not sure if I am pregnant but will find out soon it definitely will be an oops if I am. Thanks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/6/15 12:49 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Figuring out how and what to eat, especially with morning sickness, was a big challenge for me (I got pregnant 13 months after surgery). In the first trimester, carbs were about all I could handle, and that's a big change from my previous eating plan! In the second trimester, I've been fighting with hunger since I want to eat EVERYTHING, and that's been a bit of a mental struggle.

Seeing the numbers on the scale go up again has been kind of freaky as well. I've gained 22lb in 27 weeks, and though my head knows it's for a good cause (and I can totally lose it again after I give birth), it's still hard to face sometimes.

Make an appointment with your surgeon if you find out that you're pregnant, that way you can come up with a plan for how much you should eat and how much weight you should gain/lose during the next 9 months. Make sure your OB knows about your surgery as well, and he/she can provide support in that area as well.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Banana14
on 8/8/15 10:09 am

Hi there! I got pregnant 6 months post op and have had no issues so far. I didn't have any morning sickness just sour stomach a few times that I managed by eating more fruits and veggies and carbs were a lifesaver in the first trimester.  Once second trimester came around and I could eat more of my normal foods I lost some weight. I'm almost 20 weeks and up 6lbs right now. If you find out you are pregnant make sure you listen to your body and take your prenatals! And rest! Keep us posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views