RNY and Prego!!

inkysgrl
on 9/10/15 5:39 am

Hi everyone. This is my first post under this forum and I am so excited to be here.

I found out I was prego at about 6 months 3 weeks post op. I would have been about 5 weeks prego at the time. My husband was so excited for me to take the test he stsood over me like a hawk when I tried to pee on the stick. I told him to stand out side bc I couldnt pee while he was watching but the moment I was done he was there watching the test. LOL.

Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks. I can believe I am prego. I got prego when I was 17 but lost it 2 days after I found out. My husband and I have been trying for 8 years to get pregnant. I lost 100# from my highest weight before I got knocked up. I have gained 6-8# depending on the day. Nutritionalist and OB states I should only gain 15-25 per my BMI. Hope I can stick with in that range.

I have an appointment on sept 14th with new OB. I will be 17 1/2 weeks along. I hope she will do an ultra sound so I can make sure baby wookie is doing good. I hope I can start feelings some flutters inside to know baby is moving around. Not knowing is killing me. I did have an ultrasound at 12 weeks and baby was very active with heart beat of 163.

Do you think they can find out gender at 17 1/2 weeks? I know they say normally 18-20 but is 3 days really going to make a differance?? Maybe it does.

Weather its a boy or girl, I dont care, just as long as baby and I are healthy!!!!

Due Date Feb 18th, 216

Congrats to everyone.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/14/15 4:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Congratulations, how exciting!!

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get booked for an ultrasound until week 20, that's when they normally do the full anatomy scan. I believe it's possible at 18 weeks if you don't have a lot of abdominal fat, but at week 20 the baby is bigger and it's a bit easier to see everything.

Have you made an appointment to see your surgeon since you found out that you're pregnant? It's probably a good idea to get some blood work done, and to make sure what you're eating is on track for the baby.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

inkysgrl
on 9/15/15 6:11 am

thanks so much. My appt yesterday went great with my new OB. I did get to have an ultrasound done. Found out we are having a little boy. Xander Gage. I also did blood work for the dieseases. they said if i dont here back by friday then they came back negative. I am wait to see my little guy. Hubby really wanted a girl but he will come around.

I have talked to my Nutrionalist and talked to my Surgeons PA. they were both excited for me and not to concerened. Per OB i am right at the correct weight gain. I have gained 9-10lbs. sounds like i am on my way to a normal size baby. Yippie.

beckyp0320
on 11/2/15 7:53 pm

I'm scared to tell my dr. I am 4 myths post op and oregnant. This will be my first baby! My dr had me sign something about pregnancy before surgery. Do you think I will bein trouble??! What prenatal vitamins did they out your on? Congrats btw!!!

inkysgrl
on 11/3/15 5:48 am

Thanks so much. This is my first as well. I was scared to tell them, but found out that they werent mad at all. They were happy. They know a lot of women have this surgery to get prego. I do not think you will get in trouble.

You do need to go ahead and talk to your NUT and your surgeon. I was able to choose my prenatal. I am on Rainbow Light prenatal 2 times a day. They are a little expensive, but i like them. I was told to stop my multivitamin bc the vitamin A that is in it is bad for the baby. You will want atleast 800mg folic acid for sure. Ask your team what they recommand you take. I take prenatal, calcium+d3, fish oil, b12, iron, calcium, and biotin.

I will be 25 weeks on thursday. I am so excited. He has really started moving up a storm the last few days. Its awesome. Best of luck and congrats on your little one. Keep me update.

Dont stress but keep your surgery team in the loop.

beckyp0320
on 11/4/15 1:43 pm

They told me to use bariatric advantage but the whole package is $140!!! How much are your vitamins if you don't mind my asking? That is awesome you are feeling him moving!!

Jennifer L.
on 11/7/15 8:33 am

I am also Pregnant Due May 3rd, 2016 I became pregnant almost 1 year after my surgery I had the surgery Aug. 18, 2014 I found out I was Pregnant Aug. 15th, 2015 Because I am 35 years old they did a blood test and was able to tell me the gender, granted the blood tests were other tests too I was shocked to hear that they can tel gender by blood tests now. I know you can usually find out the gender anytime after 16 weeks via ultrasound if they baby will let you see...lol I hope you all are doing great! I am having a Girl according to the test :) I was 40lbs to goal weight so I am not to worried about the weight gain because I am sure I can lose it after the baby is born :) Keep positive ladies

inkysgrl
on 11/9/15 5:49 am

My prenatal is 38$ a bottle but lasts me a few months. i am only on my second bottle so i may have to get a 3rd one at the end. All the other vitimans i get at walmart so not sure the cost of each.

I have my gestasional Diabetes test today. I am not looking forward to that. Oh boy.

My sugar has dropped below 55 3 times in the last 1 1/2 weeks. I will talk to my doctor today at my appt. I may have to eat every hour. I have never had a low blood sugar before now.

I had a baby shower with my moms friends this weekend. Xander got lots of cool things and great books.

I have a baby shower this weekend for my friends. Should be lots of fun with games.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Laura B.
on 1/18/16 7:59 pm - Lima, OH

My blood sugar has been dropping a lot too and it drives me crazy I feel so unstable! :( 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views