1 year post op and 29 weeks prego!!! (both today)

inkysgrl
on 12/3/15 5:41 am

OMG, this past year has gone by so fast.I am so happy that I chose to have the surgery done. This past year has had its up and down but all worth it in the end. I did have a few small complication about 5 weeks post op. I ended up with a kidney stone, ulcer, and a restriction all at the same time (1st time for all of them). I was in and out of the hospital 9 days, which 5 of them I was admitted to the hosptil. I have come to love my self again and have the self confidence that I use to have. I think my friends enjoy spending more time with me now because I am not such a debbie downer. LOL.

I have my 1 year check up on the 16th and excited to see what the Doc thinks of my progress. When I went in for my 6 month check up I had lost 78% of my body weight, and my A1C was down to 5.3 from 10.0 at the start of my liquid diet. All my other labs came back great.

My biggest news is that I am 29 weeks prego!!! I am so excited because this is one of the reasons I had the surgery. I am having a little boy and I am due Feb 18,2016.

My nestting ha**** me full force this past weeked. I just need to get carpet down in babies room and the rest of the house will come together, since I have his stuff everywhere, which then messes up other rooms. I am a first time mom with 2 step kids 17 & 13 ( I have been in their lives for 10 years now). So I know a little, but nothing about babies.

OMG this is crazy, I cant wait to meet my little guy. Hubs is so excited as well. I have my next OB appt on the 15th and we will get to see him, and we are also doing the 3d ultrasound. I havent seen him since September since OB didnt put me as high risk. She is saying I havent gained enough weight, but I am doing what I can to make sure he is healthy.

HW 256

SW 231

CW 175 ( I made it down to 156 (100# mark) at my 7 month check in. So, the weight I gained is prego weight only.

kc82
on 12/15/15 7:48 am - MI
VSG on 05/28/13

Hi there! Not sure if you're still checking in or not, but I just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming arrival! I am 2.5 years post op VSG and found out Oct. 1st that I am pregnant as well! My husband and I tried for 9 years, even went through fertility treatments with no luck.

I lost 150 lbs with my VSG, and I'm thankful every day for that! And needless to say, it was a TOTAL shock when I found out I was pregnant because I just assumed it would never happen.

I am now nearly 15 weeks pregnant and things are going well. My pre-pregnancy weight was 165 lbs, but I went down to 155 lbs due to food aversion (no real morning sickness). I am now up to 163 lbs and praying I won't gain too much during pregnancy. I do notice I am hungry more often, but food NEVER sounds good. That was a problem I had prior to pregnancy; nothing ever sounded good. However now it's even worse. I know I need to eat, but nothing sounds good, nor do I really have any cravings.

Do you notice this as well?

"I have made the choices that work best for me. I know I cannot please everyone, and that's fine." - Marlee Matlin

Starting Weight: 311 lbs
Current Weight: 160 lbs
Height:
5'3"
Surgery Date:
5/28/13

inkysgrl
on 12/16/15 5:15 am

NO food always sounds good to me. I can eat anything except to many carbs/sugar at one time or else i will get sick. I will have a day or two here and there where my restriction is more than other times so i cant eat as much, but that is about all.

I just had my OB appt yesterday and baby boy is looking good. Is going to be about 8# and long. his dad is a big guy though. 6'1" and 265#. I am now going to OB every 2 weeks and I will get to tour the L&D center here in the next few weeks, and start signing up for any classes we want to take.

Since i have gotten prego, i have gained 14#. I am ok with the weight gain bc i know baby needs it to grow and be healthy on the outside. I know i can lose it once i have him. I just have to remind myself, this is one of the main reason i had my RNY in the first place.

Congrats on your little one. I am so happy that you were able to get prego. I understand having to try and try with not getting prego.

my email is [email protected] if you would like to email me.

Best of luck and congrats.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views